So frustrated

ecm1109
on 10/2/14 5:48 am

I have called my bariatric center multiple times(5 or 6) to schedule my 6 month follow up and no one is able to make the appointment for me.   The scheduler that I spoke with today told me that if I wanted an appointment that I should be my own advocate and come to the center and schedule directly through the department and I guess I could do that but in my mind it does not make sense for me to take a 1/2 day off from work to schedule an appt and then have to take another 1/2 day off work to go to the appointment.  I am trying to be compliant with the program they prescribe but scheduling an appointment should not be so difficult.  I have left 2 messages for the surgeons PA and she has not called me back. I am aggravated and just needed to vent!

iHeartTeas
on 10/2/14 6:00 am

Why won't they make the appointment? This seems absolutely ridiculous. Seems to me you call, ask for an appointment, figure out the best time, confirm and move on.  I don't get why they aren't doing this for you. Sorry you are having to deal with something as insane as this seems to be.

poet_kelly
on 10/2/14 9:39 am - OH

Why can't they schedule the appointment over the phone?  Maybe it would help to ask to speak to the office manager.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 10/2/14 9:39 am - OH

And how did you schedule your other follow up appointments?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/2/14 2:48 pm - OH

That is quite odd.  I have never heard of a surgeon's office that won't schedule appointments (for anything) over the phone. You are right, it is ridiculous to expect people to come to their office to schedule an appointment in person!

call again, ask WHY they cannot schedule an appointment, and if they still won't do it, ask to speak to the office manager.  Forget the PA... They usually have nothing to do with scheduling and don't want to get involved with stuff like that.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics