eggs for post op protein

texastiki
on 10/2/14 7:39 am

I just had my RNY on 9/29/14 and I am craving a scrambled egg.  Is it too soon  cause I am not sure if I should stay on clear liquids for a week.  Would like to get some chicken broth and mix an egg in it for a chicken drop soup. 

NYMom222
on 10/2/14 8:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

What did they tell you in the hospital? I was off clear liquids and added protein shakes by the time I was discharged. On day 5 added soft- yogurt, cottage cheese, farina. Day 12 went to pureed. I think I had my first egg on Pureed stage and the doc wanted poached or soft boiled. The idea of making egg drop soup is good...but 3 days out sounds iffy. Don't think it would hurt you but would it agree with you?? You are just in the beginning stages of healing. Give it time. You should stick to what the discharge instructions.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

texastiki
on 10/2/14 8:22 am

Thanks maybe I will try to take a few sips of my protein shakes.

Jenn S.
on 10/2/14 8:29 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

I would definitely follow the plan that your surgeon gave you.  On my plan I wasn't allowed scrambled eggs until 3 weeks out.  I did fine with them, but some people have issues with eggs early on. 

GodsChildII
on 10/2/14 9:16 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I was in your exact same situation and I came on the forum "begging" someone to tell me that it was okay to eat a scrambled egg. No one did, they all said follow your plan, and I did. When I was allowed to eat a egg according to my plan I found out that I could "barely" tolerate them. I have gagged and almost thrown up several times after trying to eat a scrambled egg. My advise............ Follow your plan!

chulbert
on 10/2/14 9:20 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

How are you not sure what you should be eating?  You were given a meal plan by your surgeon -- follow it.

Trouble1391011
on 10/2/14 9:23 am, edited 10/2/14 9:24 am

I just had surgery on 9/29 also and I was told no eggs until week 3 also. Pretty much liquids until week 2... Then puréed food for week 2... 

poet_kelly
on 10/2/14 9:40 am - OH

What does your surgeon's plan say?  If you aren't sure, call the office in the morning and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/2/14 9:43 am

Egg in soup violates the no food and drink rule, and eggs are tricky early out for most people. When eggs are on your plan, go slowly. You might find a hardboiled yolk mashed up with a fork is more tolerable. If you try scrambled, scramble it very softly so it is moist.

I'm with everyone else: what does your plan say?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/2/14 10:20 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You have head hunger, not physical hunger.

What does your plan say?  I was not allowed to eat eggs until four weeks post surgery.  Scrambled eggs can still be difficult to eat even now.  

Please call your surgeon's office and ask them for clarification.  I think it's far too early for you to vary from the recommended program you've been given.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 89 views