9 weeks out... always forget to take the meds that was sent ho e with

cross_89
on 10/2/14 3:45 pm

Ong I always forget to take the required actigal and other med that required to take for 6 months after surgery. If I start taking it everyday am I gonne be ok. Im so scared because of the lack of not taking it for 9 weeks somthing bads gonna happen. Help

MyLady Heidi
on 10/2/14 7:40 pm

Actigal is to prevent gallstones, not sure what the other med is for.  Gallbladder attacks are no fun.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/14 8:15 pm

Put your meds next to something you use everyday. I always out them by my make up,

dccyr
on 10/2/14 8:20 pm

I put my vitamins on the kitchen counter in a daily pill box, right next to my kitchen scale. 

poet_kelly
on 10/2/14 9:51 pm - OH

Well, you may get gall stones due to not taking your actigall - 32% of RNY  patients that don't take actigall do.  If that happens, you'll need surgery to remove your gall bladder.

How do you remember to take your vitamins?  Why not put your medication with your vitamins and take them at the same time?  Or have you not been taking vitamins either?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 10/3/14 2:48 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I specifically asked my surgeon about Actigal and he told me he no longer prescribes it because he feels the research hasn't held up that it helps.  I was a little uncomfortable with that and wish he had prescribed it!  So far so good, but it's just like another tool for you to try to help prevent something unpleasant.  I can't see why you couldn't start to take it now, considering you would start from scratch at some point, but hey, that's really a question for your nurse or surgeon.  Good luck!

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views