Weight Loss Hault at 4 weeks Post Op

kwashington09
on 10/8/14 1:55 am

Hello,

I had the revision from the Sleeve to the RNY on 9/8/14 I was 228 I am now 201 I have been stuck at 200-201 for a week now and I am really freaking out. Is this normal? I know the weight loss with revision is slower but I am so worried I am failing. I walk most days my doctor does not want me to do intense exercise until 6 weeks post op because my diet is still mostly liquids, soups, puree food. I am only getting max 2 protien drinks down a day, could this be the cause of the weight loss hault? Someone please give some suggestions, I dont want to be a failure.

NYMom222
on 10/8/14 3:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

If you watch these boards long enough, you will see this same post comes up once or twice a week. I posted one myself when I was 2 weeks out. I stalled/plateaued 1 week after surgery and it lasted for 3 1/2 weeks... I was totally freaking out. Just keep doing what you are supposed to do and it will happen. We compare ourselves to what we have heard, but there are plenty of people who stall in the beginning. Just to mention I lost more weight the second month than the first. I stalled again for 2 weeks and am just coming off of it....I am on;y 11 weeks out. Trying not to react to the stalls emotionally and mentally because in the end, that doesn't help me, in any fashion. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 5:11 am
RNY on 09/08/14

I had surgery on the same day as you. I lost 14lbs leading up to surgery and about 19lbs after surgery. Most of those 19lbs happened in about the first week and a half. Since then i've dropped a couple more lbs but not a significant amount. I would say pay attention to other signals that things are progressing. Even though my scale isn't moving much I can walk and work out at a higher intensity than before and for longer. My clothes are fitting much looser and even my wedding rings. My body seems to be changing everyday. Im trying to accept those gains and not worry too much about my scale I've also started only allowing myself to weigh on Saturday mornings because I was becoming very obsessive about it. Good luck to you!!

GodsChildII
on 10/8/14 6:30 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I agree with all of the other posters. I lost a significant amount right out the gate very quickly and then stalled. I don't weight myself at home ( I refuse to allow my scale to rule my life). I only weight when I go in to the doctors office. Keep doing what your doctor prescribed and don't worry about the scale. We are all unique individuals with unique cir****tances, however it sounds like we all have experienced this stall.

keep doing what your doing!

HFA70
on 10/9/14 1:40 am

I agree with you about not weighing yourself at home.  I work close to my family doctor, I go once a month to check my weight.  I don't want to be a slave to the scale and it has worked well for me.

kwashington09
on 10/9/14 12:00 am

Thank you guys so much for the advice, support, and encouragement. Since this is a revision I am so worried about not losing weight. I will continue to exercise, eat right, and start only weighing myself every 3 days. Its been about 2 weeks since I started this stand still in my weight so hopefully more weight loss is right around the corner.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 418 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics