What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/4/14 12:06 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all. I don't usually do a menu post on the weekend, but since I've been struggling lately, I thought it would be good to do a post for the day - perhaps some of you will join me!

It's rainy and chilly here, but it made for great sleeping weather. For the first time in I don't know how long I just went to bed last night - no alarm set, no real plan for today. I woke up feeling good despite the weather. I'm lazing around a bit, I have some chores to get done (including figuring out what is causing that damned stink in my fridge?!) and I might even treat myself to a movie this afternoon. 

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One Original

S: Coffee with creamer, deli turkey and a few chocolate chickpeas

L: Zucchini lasagna cup

S: almonds and a Babybel + a Chocolite Pecan cluster if I do go to the movies

D: Curried Chicken and mashed sweet potato

S: Cool Whip FroYo and Skinnypop

TOTALS: Calories 989, Protein 81, Carbs 98, Fat 44

V/W: started

E: I think I'm giving myself a rest day - 2 rest days in a week are ok! I want to get better at planning my rest days so I don't feel guilty when I decide to take one

As I was making this post I realized my carbs were crazy high for the day (even higher than 98 that is, which is still high,). Typing the number triggered my mind that I needed to revamp my plans for the day. I wanted to allow myself the Chocolite at the movies, so I had to compromise elsewhere. I decided to have turkey as my morning snack instead of crackers and PB2, which is obviously a better  choice in many ways.

Make it a good one all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 10/4/14 12:55 am, edited 10/4/14 12:56 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Anny I am so glad you are here on the weekend. I finally get to come on at an early-ish hour and wasn't expecting to see you or a post. Yesterday I took my planned trip to eat pizza with my friend that is visiting from Florida. It didn't go quite as well as hoped. The place we went to has a nice salad they serve-to share. So we ordered that, then my one slice of plain cheese pizza. It tasted delicious, the problem was I couldn't stop myself from eating the whole slice, which was too much. 5 minutes later I thought I might heave, but I didn't. An hour later when we got home, I had the runs....I don't know if that is dumping because of the fat content. I enjoyed the company and the lunch, just disappointed in my lack of self control, I knew when to stop and didn't. I've been on a plateau for almost 2 weeks...it was like I went for my 2 months Doc appointment and bam- weight loss stopped. Up and down the same pound. it's on the downside today so hopefully, it keeps going. I watched everything else yesterday, so even with the pizza I got my 60g of protein in and ate 750calories...Not totally sure of the day, because of my houseguest, but here it goes:

B: Cottage cheese and cantelope

L: Probably out, since it's a rainy day will try to find a good soup that works

D: Spaghetti squash with meat sauce

S: Fit frappe, chocolate chick peas

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 10/4/14 1:01 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Listening to our bodies is hard! On Thursday evening went I went overboard I felt full, but I had another - then I felt down right sick, both physically and emotionally. Why did I do it? Honest look? To dull my emotions! I was feeling stressed and lonely and bored - if I ate another Cool Whip FroYo I would feel full and gross, but I would have a feeling to focus on other than loneliness, right?

We all know it, they operate on our guts, not our minds - but dealing with that day in and day out is not always easy. Some days fly by for me and all well, while others it's a constant battle. Here's hoping today is one that flies by!

NYMom222
on 10/4/14 3:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks Anny... I see it all as part of the learning experience of this journey. Hopefully by the time we have reached out weight loss goal we will have learned a few things.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AZPatty
on 10/4/14 1:11 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  Yesterday was the first time that I really didn't care what I ate and what I didn't.  I had to talk myself out of eating some things that should never be allowed on my plan.  I really struggled.  I wanted all the old foods that I used to eat.  I was telling my husband that I really didn't care anymore and I just want to eat whatever I want.  It was scary.  I stayed on plan mostly but it was difficult.

I decided to get out of my funk that we needed to go for a 5 mile walk.  I wanted to walk to Walgreen's which didn't seem that far.  Well I under estimated how far it was and we ended up walking 8 miles total.  The only good thing is it took us 2 1/2 hours so at least I wasn't able to eat during that time.  When I got home we were exhausted so we just went to bed.

When I looked up Kay's Naturals on their website it had a store locator.  When I checked that for my area it seems that most Walgreens carry them.  I went to several and didn't find them.  Then I realized I wasn't looking in the correct place.  Most of the Walgreens have them in the diabetic section--a few have them by their protein section.  They were on sale for buy 1 get 50% off the next one.  I don't know if this is something that I will continue to buy though because yesterday I ate two of the packages and really wanted a third.  I am going to see if I can control myself with them.

Thanks for posting today Anny.  I hope you enjoy yourself at the movies if you go.

B:  premier protein, tea, WW string cheese

L:  green chili/turkey/ egg bake

S:  Greek yogurt

D:  Turkey sloppy Joes without the bun

S:  Quest bar--I always have this after church when my husband and daughter go to Dairy Queen.

Totals: 855 calories, 104 protein, 64 carbs

I left room to have one more snack if needed.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

karenp8
on 10/4/14 1:41 am - Brighton, IL

That's why I have stayed away too--not sure if I could control myself either!

AnnyBananny
on 10/4/14 2:21 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ugh, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time too, Patty - I'm right there with you. Were the Kay's naturals things you got individual portion sizes or one big bag? I find I can control myself if it's an individual bag, but the one big bag makes it super hard for me. After several really rough days yesterday was really good, so just know if you keep your plan and goals in the forefront of your mind you can get back to basics and rock things!

AZPatty
on 10/4/14 3:18 am
RNY on 02/25/14

They were portioned in 1.2 oz size.  I still ate 2 bags but wanted another one.  It could have been because I was on a low yesterday.  I will see how I do with the rest of them in the house. 

I am bound and determined to get my mind into positive mode.  This was the first time I really felt as I didn't care.  Today seems to be much better.

karenp8
on 10/4/14 1:38 am - Brighton, IL

Its a sunny day here in Illinois but very nippy. Lily and I were only able to do one lap at the park because they were starting a croiss country meet so we did 2.16 miles by the time we got home. I also did 1.886 miles on program seven on my treadmill too to finish up. Next Saturday I am doing a 5 K here in town to benefit scholarships for local high school seniors. I should be good to go as I have been walking at least 4 miles a day for over a month now. Today is my birthday and I bought myself a present last night--a new exercise bike since my free one died a few weeks ago. This was a floor model that was originally 249 and I got it for 179. Its a recumbent and much more comfortable to ride than the other one I had. ☺ I will do at least twenty minutes on it today too. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and here's my food plans which are rather vague today. B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L pulled pork and coleslaw out at local BBQ place  S apple with peanut butter D some sort of seafood I have yet to find at the larger specialty grocery store in Alton. Something nice to cook for my birthday! The mental part of stopping and not eating when we are hungry is so big. That's why I took up knitting again. To give me something to do when I am bored other than eating. My decaf coffee intake has a lot to do with that too. Instead of eating I will drink warm beverages like herbal tea or decaf coffee instead. It seems to work for me. I figure I will struggle with this for the rest of my life just like the first 55 years. One day at and one choice at a time ladies! Hope everyone has a good Saturday with amazing healthy choices!

AZPatty
on 10/4/14 1:51 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Happy, Happy,  Birthday Karen!  Enjoy your day.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics