Severe Stomach Pain and Cramps

cabin111
on 10/12/14 10:48 am

I will stand by DX's posts.  This man is the most knowledgable person in the world concerning RNY.  No WLS surgeon, no "so called expert" on the RNY Forum, comes close to him.  This college professor who uses scientific methods for his research knows his stuff.  You could tell over the years that his data is valid...Using published journals for his references.  He was one of the cofounders of OH...He chooses not to post on OH because of disputes that he wishes not to get into...It's between OH and himself.  He had complications from RNY surgery and stayed about 6 months in the hospital researching every aspect of the surgery.  If he chose to not add something to a post that was (is) his choice.  Also this post is several years old.  There is so much knowledge in this thread that many many MANY people have gleaned and been educated by it.  I believe it is wrong to try and pick it apart...Well he didn't add this...Or that.  This post is valid knowledge I will leave it at that.  One last thing...I was asked to be "A Friend of OH".  I chose not to.  Just making new people aware, that on the RNY board, people who come across as being an "expert in the field"...Does not make it so.  That is why I and many others no longer post on this board.  I come on ever so often...But just a quick peak (usually to tell post ops they may have a stricture or are dehydrated).  Yet, some people feel they are the guardians of this board...I will usually walk rather than engage in useless words.  Brian

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/12/14 1:32 pm - OH

Wow, the "most knowledgable person in the world" didn't even mention the hallmark symptoms of early dumping...?

I just thought that if you are going to post it over and over again you might want to add that information since that is frequently the difference between people knowing they are a really DUMPING rather than just having eaten something that did not agree with them. Way too many people think that any kind of digestive upset after RNY is dumping, and -- silly me -- I thought the point of the post was to educate people.  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 10/10/14 1:03 am - OH

Are you feeling better today?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 10/10/14 1:56 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Hi Kelly. I slept fitfully last night but am pain free and bowels are moving this morning. Other than feeling somewhat weak, I'm much better. Thank you so much for your quick response. Chinese food is completely off my list from now on!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

GodsChildII
on 10/10/14 6:56 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Tdbull this exact same thing happened to me and the ONLY thing that made me get beyound it was taking extra strength gasX and walking! I finally threw up and felt better almost immediately. I was in so much pain that I could not even lie down, I had to sit straight up when I was not walking. It is painful AND miserable!

tdbull
on 10/11/14 9:33 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
It sure is. I hope never to experience that again, but who knows what could set our poor pouches off in the future?? I'm back to normal today. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/11/14 11:29 pm - OH

I'm glad you are feeling better.

FWIW, I have a friend who has a lot of trouble with MSG since her RNY and she experiences some of the same symptoms you described (just not as severe or long lasting).  I have no idea why MSG would affect her more now than before, nor do I have any idea why it would cause those symptoms, but the next time you want Chinese, perhaps you could specify no MSG (and eat onto a small amount!)?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 312 views