Intertrigo, HELP

_Donna_
on 10/10/14 10:16 am

I have a horrible case of intertrigo (rash in the skin fold). I really need some help with a cure! I saw a dr at the wound care center on monday but the medicine (gentamicin) they gave me is not working.

Please tell me what to do!  Is it best to keep it dry with powder or moist with ointment?

LittleMiss2013
on 10/10/14 11:31 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I would say dry...but it can depend on the cause of the rash....irritation, yeast over growth etc. Assuming it's being caused by irritation, I would try maybe taking a hand towel, or facecloth....even maybe one of those Micro Fiber clothes you can buy at the dollar store in packs...fold it in half and tuck it under your skin fold. This will keep it dry and keep it from touching other skin. Switch the cloth out often and replace with a clean dry cloth. See if this helps. Good luck =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

_Donna_
on 10/10/14 11:38 am

thanks, i actually tried that today and I'm worse off. seems the presence of anything is just causing too much friction. 

I just loaded it with a thick coat of desitin so maybe that will get me through the rest of the day as I am headed off to work in a few minutes. ugh

Sherrie P.
on 10/10/14 12:18 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

It needs to be dry! 

Take a shower. Get all the ointments and such off with a gentle soap.

Towel dry.

Lift up the skin and blow dry with a hair dryer. This is the trick - just the towel won't do it.

Let it air out ... 

Feel better soon!!!

(advice from my BFF who is a medical aethestician) 

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

bublegirl1
on 10/10/14 1:10 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Sherrie is right! Keep it dry. I've had it too and ointments only made it worse. I wear a shaper and I tuck the bottom under my stomach and it stays dry now and is totally healed. I have a friend who puts gauze under hers and it works well! Good luck cuz it's so painful!

-Amie

_Donna_
on 10/10/14 5:42 pm
MickeyDee
on 10/10/14 6:57 pm

My PCP suggested an anti-fungal foot powder (Zeasorb-AF) which seems to be working.  Just make sure the skin is dry before applying.

kim_pei
on 10/10/14 7:14 pm - Canada

I have had this too and I know how uncomfortable and painful it can be.  This may sound crazy... but this works...wash and dry with a blow dryer on cool.  Then put the polysporin triple protection ( the kind that has the anti biotic/ and temporary freezing) in a light coating all over the sore spots.  Just leave it for the day and repeat....It always clears it up within a day or two and gives wonderful relief!  Then after the rawness is taken care of you have to keep it clean and dry and as soon as a flare up comes use it again.   Really hope this gets better soon. 

NYMom222
on 10/11/14 8:25 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK, we all have our weird things we do, I use a Secret stick deodorant and I put it under my belly fold as well as under my breasts to keep the chafing and irritation down. Works wonders.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Suejames
on 4/8/19 2:17 am

I helped a friend clear hers up in less than three days.

Get dial anti bacterial soap wash the areas every shower, must shower daily. Use an anti persperant under your arms. Get good quality cortisone cream and anti fungal powder. She rarely uses the powder but it is good to have on hand. Purchase boy shorts fruit of the loom because they are 100% cotton and absorb sweat...same with sport bras 100% cotton. Make sure it fits but is not tight.

dry off completely after bathing gently patting skin...blow dry or fan dry works great. Apply deodorant, cortisone and wear appropriate fitting cotton garments.

we live in a hot humid area and hers was cleared in just days.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 172 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?