What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/7/14 10:26 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all - crisp fall mornings make me oh-so-happy! After about a month of not being able to get to it I finally returned to BodyPump last night and it felt SO. GOOD. I'm sore this morning but in a way that let's me know I worked hard and my body is changing. I've got a long day ahead starting with visiting a class of 5th graders at 9am and ending with a parenting program from 7-9pm, yesh!

In the TMI category, last week I posted about how I've been gassy and constipated lately. Someone (DG, I think it was you!) suggested that they've incorporated a probiotic into their daily pill regime and found it immensely helpful. I decided to give it a try as well and definitely have been feeling better - much less gassy, they still not "going" very regularly. Anyway, the point is, I came across this interesting article this morning about gut bacteria and its effect on our weight. You might find it interesting if you have a moment (also it's from the Daily Beast so it isn't a super-sciencey read).

Time since surgery: 6.75 months

B: L&F Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One original

S: coffee, almonds and a babybel 

L: mini meatloaf with some Fiber Gourmet thinables

S: deli ham and crispy chocolate chickpeas

D: Quest bar (while sitting in the back of the parenting program)

S: Cool Whip FroYo with crushed Kay's Naturals protein cookie bites

TOTALS: Calories 967, Protein 94, Carbs 94, Fat 40

V/W: started

E: officially a rest day from the gym, but plenty of running around will happen!

I had been noticing that the snack monster was coming out in me in the evenings recently, so one change I've made is cutting out my beloved Chike shake in the morning so I can incorporate more "real food" into my diet. I'm not sure if I'm in a better headspace, or the increase in real food, or the comb of the two is helping - but I've definitely been feeling less snacky in the evenings. Last night was an exception of course and I was totally hit with the feeling - but I just reminded myself I had had a rough, stressful day and I was feeling head hunger, not physical hunger. I successfully did not snack beyond my plan and this morning I saw some scale movement. Direct correlation? Probably not, but I'm going to lie to myself and say that there is! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

saterry
on 10/7/14 11:05 pm, edited 10/7/14 11:06 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

B:  Cottage cheese with black beans and grape tomatoes

L : Mahi Mahi and green beans

D: Grilled Chicken breast, grilled zucchini and black beans with Mexican stewed tomatoes

Water: always

Vitamins : always

Exercise: 5 mile hike planned for afternoon

Snacks: Pepper jack cheese and wasabi peas

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

AnnyBananny
on 10/8/14 2:44 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hi saterry, welcome to the menu post! I have to ask, do you mix the black beans and tomatoes into your cottage cheese? 

saterry
on 10/8/14 3:16 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Yes I do and a little hot sauce.....I'm hooked !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Dcgirl
on 10/7/14 11:29 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny and SATerry and everyone who will post after me!

It's 6:30 am in Vegas and who knows what my eats will be today.  Sadly yesterday they were TERRIBLE.  I was up at 3 am, out of my house by 6, and due to flight cancellations and delays and a rerouting through San Francisco, it took me 13 hours to get to my hotel room.  So the day was 22 hours long of being awake, which means a lot of meals.  I had about 1,400 calories, 80 g protein, 80 g carbs.  Ugh.  I almost made 10,000 steps so that is good.

Not even sure why I am posting today - guess I wanted to vent to people who understand the difficulty and frustration of staying on plan while traveling!

The good thing is, I woke up super early, went and got ice for my blender bottle, and I will do my Chike shake for breakfast.  So I just need to worry about finding good choices for lunch and dinner.  I brought Quest bars, chickpeas, and almonds for snacks.

Have a great day, everyone!

AZPatty
on 10/8/14 12:13 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Are you feeling better?  What if anything did you find to take to help?

Dcgirl
on 10/8/14 12:30 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Patty!  The swallowing knives feeling is gone...now I just have a full-fledged cold.  Stuffy head, ears that took forever to pop after my flights, hoarse voice, the whole 9 yards.  Great timing considering I am at this conference to shake hands and shmooze ha ha.  I am taking CVS brand cold and flu that has no NSAIDs in it.  It's what the pharmacist recommended to me.  I had to take an Aleve Cold & Sinus yesterday at one point when the head pressure was too much.  I have also tried Sudafed before bed last night and Benadryl to help me sleep.  I am ok, but really wish I were home :)

AnnyBananny
on 10/8/14 2:45 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em! OMG, that trip sounds nuts. I'm sorry it was such a rough day, but I definitely think being awake for so many hours in a row warrants some extra calories, so don't even sweat it.

dlang057
on 10/7/14 11:45 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning. Not much going on with me today. Work is starting to get crazy and will be until year-end so I need to watch how the stress affects me. Pre-op turning to food was the answer but we all know it is not. Maybe this will finally drive me and give me the motivation and strength to join a gym once and for all. I have totally avoided it, I even missed a goal I set for myself for Sept. 1st to start going. I know it is not for everyone and maybe it is not for me but I do have to at least try, right? How will I know if I don’t try? Believe me, I keep telling myself this!

Enjoy your day everyone!

B – Chike!

L – Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger

S – greek yogurt w/ 1 oz almonds mixed in

D – turkey taco meat w/ black beans, ¼ c shred cheese and 5 TJ’s spicy soy/flax tortilla chips

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today.

Totals – 903 calories, 77g protein, 59g carbs, 43g fat

AnnyBananny
on 10/8/14 2:49 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Danielle, do it! If you have the means to join a gym, I definitely think it's worth a try. I know several of our menu posters successfully exercise at home, but for me the gym is totally the way to go. Part of it is knowing everything month $60 is getting withdrawn from my account and I better make it pay! 

Why not make a goal to go TOUR a gym sometime before the end of the weekend? Baby steps.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 100 views