Taken off most of my meds already

Bubbles314
on 10/12/14 6:18 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey OH friends

I am happy to report that before I left the hospital I was taken off of all but a couple meds.  They took me off all my insulin, that made me the happiest, no more shots.  Yippee   I still take Atenolol and protonix, and Zurtec.  This just makes me sure that I did indeed make the right decision about wls.  My journey is just beginning and I have so much to look forward to. 

Take care everyone

Awillis
on 10/12/14 9:48 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

That is awesome!!!!!! I am off Metformin and Azor.  Just started back on Celebrex after my 6 wk post op, surgeon said YES to Celebrex and taking Omeprozole for my stomach. But still no coffee, boo hoo!  Isn't it all wonderful for us all?  Thank you God!

LuvelyQueen
on 10/12/14 9:58 am

That is awesome!!!!!  Good luck on your journey!!!!

Poodlemac
on 10/12/14 11:55 am
RNY on 09/26/14

That's the best feeling, isn't it!!  Congrats!!!

MrsVonZipper
on 10/12/14 8:36 pm

What great news! I am SO looking forward to freedom from a lifetime of insulin shots. Congratulations!

Patty

Cherokeesage
on 10/13/14 6:44 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

I am so happy for you and share in the jubilation of less medication.   Soon after surgery, I was able to stop the high blood pressure and cholesterol medication.  I recently was able to do something that I thought would never happen in that I can now go to sleep and take a trip without Tramadol for arthritis in my knees.  I use to take it every six hours and then just before bedtime and travel.  There were times that I had to add Tylenol with it.    Once in awhile I need a Prevacid for a few days but that is even rare.  Since we have to take so many vitamins it is nice to be off the prescription medications. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

clr055
on 10/16/14 9:08 am - Lewisville, ID

So for those of you who were on high blood pressure meds.. could you tell it was time to come off of it? Was it making you dizzy to take it if you didn't need it? Also, has anyone with PCOS seen any help with that from the weight loss? I am hoping to ditch my Metaformin, high blood meds, Prilosec, birth control pill (for PCOS) and Meloxicam for knee pain. I am happy to replace them with vitamins though!!

Bubbles314
on 10/16/14 9:28 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

The Dr (surgeon)  took me off the BP meds and others before I left the hospital after surgery.  You know they constantly take vitals so they can tell.  I am taking Prilosec now the Dr orders it as a way to coat the stomach I believe.  I will be off it in 3 months he said.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 35 views
Recent Topics