What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/12/14 10:30 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I had a fun time with my mom (sister and nieces as well). We went to aqua zumba, finished sewing my Halloween costume, and went to brunch, amongst other things. 

On Saturday I tried Boar's Head Blazing Buffalo Deli Chicken for my afternoon snack - two thumbs up! If you like heat, this is a fun addition to your deli order. It took me to month 4ish to be able to tolerate deli meat and I've been grateful ever since - such great bang for your calorie buck. Boar's Head black forest ham and honey maple turkey are my favorites.

Anyone else try something new this weekend?

Tonight's a big night for me - I'm going to (try to) have FISH for dinner. As many of you might know, I have traditionally not enjoyed fish and seafood, but knowing what a good choice fish can be for us post-ops, I'd like to give it a try again. I bought a frozen, seasoned, grilled fillet that just needs to be bake to reheat it. We'll see....

Time since surgery: just shy of 7 months

B: L&F Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One Original

S: Coffee, .5oz Blue Diamond salted caramel almonds, a mini Babybel

L: Cottage Cheese (I ate a ton of cottage cheese in the beginning and haven't had it for a while, but a couple posts last week made me hungry for it), a no sugar added little fruit cup, and Fiber Gourmet Cheese Thinables

S: 2oz Boar's Head Black Forest Ham, .5oz crispy chocolate chickpeas

D: FISH (I think it's tilapia, it's something white and flaky) and green beans

S: popcorn and Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 879, Protein 73, Carbs 94, Fat 38

V/W: started

E: BodyPump tonight (book club tomorrow means I have to miss my favorite instructor )

I can't say I'm in an actual stall, but my scale hasn't been moving much and I'm going to try to "cycle" my calories in the hope of getting a jump start. I see so many things that people try to get moving again and who knows if these methods work or if they just happen to coincide with our body's catching up to us, but... So, busting a "stall" with raised calories? Lowered calories? Cycled calories? I just happen to have really low calories today, so it looks like I'm going to cycle - < 900 today, like 1,200 tomorrow, lower the following day. We'll see what happens! Have you tried anything to move through a stall (or perceived stall) that has helped?

Have a great Monday y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 10/12/14 10:51 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny and friends,

I also LOVE Boar's Head maple deli turkey.  I eat it all the time!  I did try a new recipe this weekend - I made salmon patties!  Canned salmon, diced onion, spices, egg beaters and a bit of bread crumbs....then coated with a bit of egg crumbs.  8 salmon patties used a total of a cup of bread crumbs so the numbers are decent.  One patty is 260 calories, 30 g protein, 14 g carbs.  And I can't even eat a whole one!  Good luck with the fish, Anny!  You may want to make a sauce for it - like greek yogurt and dill and lemon?  That way it's not too dry and not too "fishy".

I wish I could tell you how to break the stall...my slow weight loss this month was broken today when I was down almost 3 lbs.  I think it's due to a. shark week and b. I walked 10.1 miles yesterday and ate 1,400 calories which is high for me.  

My eats for today are pretty exciting!

Time Since Surgery: 10 months this week!

B: Chike protein shake, cup of coffee with french vanilla creamer 

L: Cruciferous Crunch kale/lettuce/brussels sprouts mix with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar and rosemary chicken, sliced almonds, and cranberries

S: Black pepper popcorn, light and fit caramel machiato greek yogurt

D: 3/4 salmon patty, 2 bites of cauliflower

E: I did 35 minutes on the arc trainer (10 incline and 30 resistance) and then 25 minutes with my personal trainer

Totals are around 1,000 calories, 80 g protein, 65 g carbs (kinda high), 40 g fat.  I may add another snack if I feel snacky, as I tend to in the afternoons.

PS Salted caramel almonds must NEVER cross the threshold of my door!  I would never be able to eat just .5 oz.  YUM!

AnnyBananny
on 10/12/14 11:30 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em, the ONLY reason salt caramel almonds can come into my house is because I immediately portion them into little snack baggies of 14 almonds each. When things are preportioned, I seem to be able to control myself. 

YA for the 3 pound loss, that's fan-freaking-tastic!

AZPatty
on 10/12/14 10:57 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  Anny, glad you enjoyed your visit with family.  Good luck with the fish--I hope you enjoy it.  A great way to try fish is at a good restaurant. They will prepare it perfectly for you.  You might give that a try and you could add in some other seafood with it--shrimp, crab, etc. 

I woke up this morning to a 1 1/2 pound gain!  I really shouldn't be so shocked because this seems to be my continued problem.  Although I did eat 9 calories over my goal of 1,000 yesterday.  My carbs were a little high with 94 also.  Hopefully that will come back off in a day or two. 

I tried making a coolwhip and pumpkin fluff.  It wasn't good.  I thought I would try it as a fluff and then freeze the rest into petite muffin pan.  I didn't like it before freezing it so I knew I shouldn't bother trying it frozen.  I am still going to try the pumpkin ricotta pancakes though.

Ran 3 miles this morning.

B:  premier protein, tea

L:  Indian Summer Turkey Chili

S:  Greek Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt

D:  Skinny shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles

S:  Honeycrisp Apple and PB2

Totals:  827 calories, 93 protein, 70 carbs

AnnyBananny
on 10/12/14 11:32 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I know trying fish in a restaurant is probably the best option, but I never want to "waste" the money on fish out when I'm not sure I'm going to like it...it's sort of a catch 22, right?

Boo for the small gain, but as I'm sure you know logically, our weight does flux day to day, so that small a gain is to occasionally be expected. It sucks when it happens, but I definitely don't think your extra 9 calories did it. I was up 2.5 on Saturday and it's gone today, thank heavens (but it puts me just back to my lowest weight, not actually a loss).

AnnyBananny
on 10/12/14 11:35 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I forgot to mention an NSV I've recently become aware of....I have COLLAR BONES! This is super weird, but I keep noticing them in the mirror and touching them unconsciously. They make me feel "lady-like" for lack of a better way of putting it.

karenp8
on 10/13/14 1:14 am - Brighton, IL

When my collar bones first appeared I thought I had a mass or something. My husband said no that's your collarbone. I didn't know as I had never seen them before!!

dlang057
on 10/13/14 12:06 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning. Collar bones is a big NSV for me too Anny. It is so funny that you say you find yourself touching them because I am doing that constantly; it’s a very good feeling! I’ve been keeping busy with jewelry making. My show is in less than two weeks and I have lots to do still. I tend to work better under pressure so I’m not worried other than I will likely not get much activity in as I would like.

Enjoy your day everyone!

B – Chike!

L – black bean burger & string cheese

S – Dannon L&F cherry greek yogurt w/ ½ oz. almonds

D – pork loin roast & cheesy potato bake (my indulgence for the day!)

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today.

Totals – 900 calories, 81 protein, 57 carbs, 41 fat

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/14 12:43 am

Good Morning all. I am finally feeling well almost back to normal. I am going to work from home this week.I have never been so knocked out from a surgery.I slept almost the whole weekend.My husband took me to Cape May yesterday and I slept the whole way there and back. I am able to eat again.I didn't want to eat anything after surgery.

B:Coffee with protein powder

S:Yogurt

L:Lunch meat

D:Turkey meatloaf with veggies

S:Cheese stick and yogurt

Vitamins for the morning are in.Water is starting to go down. I just figured out that Friday will be a year since WLS.It seems like yesterday.

Enjoy the day.

AnnyBananny
on 10/13/14 2:25 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Glad to hear you're feeling more yourself!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?