had rny April 2010...still losing weight. :(

juicybooty2008
on 10/15/14 12:18 pm

I'm still losing weight. Nothing stays in me. I have continues ulcers. No matter what I eat it will come out. Some days I may not go but the next day it will come out. I lack on nutrients all the time. I am now on a feeding tube. Has anyone had this happen? I eat all day long....

please can anyone help me?

Laura in Texas
on 10/15/14 8:25 pm

What does your surgeon say? Ulcers are serious. I hope they help get those taken care of.  What is the issue as far as eating? Physical? Mental? Are you seeing a therapist? I go through phases where I do not want to eat but i realize I must eat so i make myself eat.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

juicybooty2008
on 10/15/14 10:55 pm

To be honest not much. In 2012 I had an ulcer sitting on my pouch and it ruptured my pouch. Had to be driven an 1hr 30 min away to get to peoria to have emergency surgery. They had to cut me open. Had 13 staples. Last month they did scope found an ulcer covering half my pouch. They admitted me. Had ppi hooked up 24/7  for 3 1/2 days. Then they put a feeding tube in. I eat all the time. I have diarrhea majority of the time. So when I take my vitamin or meds majority of the time there not staying in. I've never had ulcers till I had this surgery. Right after my bypass I had 2 emergency kidney stone operations and had my gallbladder removed. My starting weight was 260. Last month while in hospital my weight was 125. When I get labs done I'm always lacking in nutrients. Especially iron VD/calcium and so forth. It doesn't matter what I eat either. It will come out. I dont know what to do. And I guess since I lack nutrients my gas and bowl movement s smell like road kill. If it's not one.thing it's another. I'm miserable. I was told I will always be on a ppi foe the rest of my life. All I kno is the ulcers hurt a lot.

hollykim
on 10/16/14 5:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM Pacific Time, juicybooty2008 wrote:

To be honest not much. In 2012 I had an ulcer sitting on my pouch and it ruptured my pouch. Had to be driven an 1hr 30 min away to get to peoria to have emergency surgery. They had to cut me open. Had 13 staples. Last month they did scope found an ulcer covering half my pouch. They admitted me. Had ppi hooked up 24/7  for 3 1/2 days. Then they put a feeding tube in. I eat all the time. I have diarrhea majority of the time. So when I take my vitamin or meds majority of the time there not staying in. I've never had ulcers till I had this surgery. Right after my bypass I had 2 emergency kidney stone operations and had my gallbladder removed. My starting weight was 260. Last month while in hospital my weight was 125. When I get labs done I'm always lacking in nutrients. Especially iron VD/calcium and so forth. It doesn't matter what I eat either. It will come out. I dont know what to do. And I guess since I lack nutrients my gas and bowl movement s smell like road kill. If it's not one.thing it's another. I'm miserable. I was told I will always be on a ppi foe the rest of my life. All I kno is the ulcers hurt a lot.

what are you eating? A lot of carbs bread,pasta sugar etc will often cause diarrhea and foul gas.

juicybooty2008
on 10/16/14 12:00 pm

I eat everything and I was told to eat ice cream with the ensures and yogurt. The only things I don't eat are fish and stuff that swims :)

hollykim
on 10/16/14 1:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I would totally leave off "everything" except meat and low carb veggies. I know you need to gain weight but eating sugar and high sugar items are making you. Lose all your calories thru diarrhea. 

I would not eat any bread,pasta,baked goods,sugar or high sugar products. I would eat very little fruit until I got my bowels under control. I wish you good luck turning this around.

juicybooty2008
on 10/16/14 1:19 pm

Ok thank you very much! I'll try that.

juicybooty2008
on 10/16/14 12:05 pm

My Dr don't say much. And the ulcer thing is on going ever since the bypass. Taking ppi all the time I hear isn't good. Do you know anything about this? I eat all the time. I'm actually bipolar and my depression is getting worse. I do see a psych. And I dont eat cuz I'm hungry. I eat for all.reasons and to try and gain weight.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/15/14 8:59 pm

Google SIBO..

Also - have they check you for food allergies?  Just a few ideas..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

juicybooty2008
on 10/15/14 10:56 pm

Thank you I can I ask.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views