MommyOfTaeya Update

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 1:02 pm, edited 10/15/14 1:03 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Hey everyone!

It's been just 6 days since I last updated but I have somethings to share today (tonight?).

First off, after my surprising approval, I had to email my case manager at the surgeons office and let her know I was approved. After a day of wait, my case manager emailed me back telling me that she verified my approval and that I needed to call the surgery care coordinator. I called the surgery care coordinator immediately with no answer. After calling a few more times, waiting through the weekend and Monday, and calling a few more times, I finally got a call back. She then discussed with me what all I needed to have done (Pre-op testing), the medications I will receive pre-op, and pre-op and post op diet. After, she told me to.... Get ready for it.... She told me to call the surgery scheduler and schedule my surgery! YAY! I called early in the morning on 10/14, no answer, left a voice mail, and got a call back later that day. So, wow, I got my surgery date yesterday. 

My surgery is scheduled for NOVEMBER 12TH!(:

I'm actually starting to get really nervous and scared but I'll handle it.  Haha

It was a lot of calling this past week, but in the end, I got my surgery date and I'm looking forward to it! I also just had my one-time-dietitian meeting and my sleep study done. I can't tell you how awful the sleep study was for me. Yuck. I haven't heard whether I have sleep apnea or not yet, but I might call tomorrow. All of my pre-op testing is done and now I just have to do my 2 week diet prior to surgery and then surgery day! I'm very excited. 

I guess that's all I can think of to update this time but I'm sure there will be more to say soon. 

That's all for this update so talk to you guys soon. Let me know how your journey (or adventure, rather) is going!! Comment your thoughts on this post!

(Nothing rude, please.)

xoxo,

MommyOfTaeya

Bubbles314
on 10/15/14 1:15 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrat's that is exciting getting your surgery date

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 10:57 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Thank you so much!(:

Chilipepper
on 10/15/14 2:35 pm, edited 10/15/14 2:44 pm

Amazing!  What a unique situation to find yourself in. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 10:59 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

Haha.(:

I'm just glad I got my date! Thank you for your comment! 

ladygodiva1228
on 10/15/14 10:05 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I have to ask.  I understand you are 18 have you ever tried to lose weight on your own? 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 10:56 pm, edited 10/15/14 11:00 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

That's a silly question. Of course I have. I've been on several diets and weight-loss programs and products. The most I've ever lost on any was 7-12 pounds. I am 260 pounds and only 5'2 in height. I desperately need help with losing weight regardless of my age. I hope you aren't criticizing me. I wouldn't have persued weight loss surgery without having tried natural ways to lose weight. Diet and exercise are simply noteenough to help me get back to a healthy weight. Thank you for your comment! 

ladygodiva1228
on 10/16/14 12:04 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 16, 2014 at 5:56 AM Pacific Time, MommyOfTaeya wrote:

That's a silly question. Of course I have. I've been on several diets and weight-loss programs and products. The most I've ever lost on any was 7-12 pounds. I am 260 pounds and only 5'2 in height. I desperately need help with losing weight regardless of my age. I hope you aren't criticizing me. I wouldn't have persued weight loss surgery without having tried natural ways to lose weight. Diet and exercise are simply noteenough to help me get back to a healthy weight. Thank you for your comment! 

Were they doctor supervised weight-loss programs or things like WW, Jenny Craig and the such?  There is a big difference. 

You do know that with any WLS you will be "dieting" and exercising right?  You may lose all your weight within a year or two, but then you have maintenance and it seems that is were some folks drop back into old habits. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/16/14 4:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On October 16, 2014 at 5:56 AM Pacific Time, MommyOfTaeya wrote:

No, it's NOT a silly question-- it's one your surgeon will ask and you will (most likely) need to have documented in order to be approved by insurance. Every insurance plan is different, but I was required to provide doctor's records for the past 5 years detailing my weight, plus list each specific diet I had been on, how much I lost, and how much I regained.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/14 4:58 am

I will say I am relieved that my doctor used to march my booty out to the scale every visit.If he hadn't done that I would not have had five years documented obesity.I used to fight with the nurse saying write in my chart patient refused. He made me get on the scale every time.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views