After a decade of waiting for surgery--I had been approved and now have three weeks!

princessjess73
on 10/12/14 1:56 pm - Lees Summit, MO

I have not told anyone except my mom and dad as well as one sister--I have six siblings, and a few very close friends.  I am ready for but I don't want the negativity that I recieved from my father so I am very closed-mouth. I am very excited.  I posted on this forum a very long time ago and am back for support.  I am having RNY on 11/3.  I am excited but feel so unprepared.  I go in for blood work this week. Next Monday start my liquid diet and on 10/27 I have my preop.  I originally wanted Lap Band and swore I would never RNY but here we are and I am ready! I lost a 100 lbs on my own but have only kept 60 lbs off-most gained in the last yr due to job change, diet change, less activity.  I am so ready! Lets GO!

bublegirl1
on 10/12/14 2:46 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Congratulations!!

-Amie

NYMom222
on 10/12/14 2:50 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Luck! It is hard when people are negative, I know I had one person... especially when you are so nervous anyway. Surgery is no small thing... I have lost and gained weight many times in my life, my hope is that the RNY is the tools that will help me keep it off.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Loveymae
on 10/12/14 2:54 pm

Wishing you success and a healthy future! 

SW: 307    

iloveravens
on 10/13/14 12:45 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Congratulations!!!  I wish you the best of luck!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Bubbles314
on 10/13/14 3:23 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Princessjess,

Congrat's on your surgery date.

I told people about my surgery and what surprised me was the one who had the negative attitude.  Never would have guessed my sister would think this was the easy way out.  She has been there over the years and saw first hand the struggles I went through to lose weight and keep it off.  She was never as heavy as I was and she was able to lose her weight on her own.  My response to her attitude was that I had done a lot of research about RNY and the process I went through was over a year before I had surgery.  I was also willing to answer any questions about the surgery.  This was not a quick decision.   I can't change the way she feels but I did tell her she has the right to her opinions, I also have a right to not hear it.  I finally told her I was doing this and she could either support me or keep her mouth shut.  She did no research, refused to go to the Dr with me (I thought if she went to an appt it might change her mind) it did not.  However she loves me and when I woke up in the hospital she was there.  I think she is really worried about how our relationship will change.  She expressed just that, I told her the relationship is going to change I am going to be more active we can do more together like we use to.  I am hoping once I lose a significant amount of weight and can go bike riding, swimming, playing ball with the kids that she will be more supportive.  I can wait, I am doing this for my health and if she was in the same position she would do it to.  So give it time and remember your Dad loves you and is probably scared for you.  Keep the communication lines open, and keep them informed on your next step (liquid diet etc).  I think part of the issue is that they don't know enough about the procedure.

Of course I am not a Dr and this is just my opinion so take it or leave it. Good luck on your journey, I will be rooting for you from the loser's bench.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404