A little nervous

carimiller9173
on 10/15/14 2:06 am - Wilmington, DE

Good day everyone!!!

I was wondering if anyone every experienced a TOTAL attitude change after surgery.  You see, I've lost weight before and my attitude took a complete 180 from where I was to some place new, scary and different.  I was receiving more attention from some people who never spoke to me before I lost the weight and it hurt.  It hurt because I was the same person then that I was before I lost the weight.  I don't want to become someone mean, but I also don't want attention from people who couldn't smile my way while I am this size.  Anyone understand??

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 4:34 am

I totally understand.I have a woman who hardly talked to me before losing a 100 lbs.Now you would think she is my best friend.I am nice I live in small town USA so everyone knows everyone.

I do know when I look at pictures of myself I was either being really silly or looking really *****y so I could have been giving of the major ***** vibe.I just try to be the best person I can be.So when I lay my head on my pillow I know I am doing the right thing.I won't be a doormat trust me.

yankeescl
on 10/15/14 10:45 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I understand where you are coming from.  I have chosen to stay distant with the people who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was 148 lbs heavier.  I have changed since my weight loss, but for the better.  I am more confident and feel that this is the way I've always hoped my life would be.  You, alone, have the choice of who you do or do not befriend.  Just thank them graciously for the compliment (or comment) and move on to your real, true friends.  They matter above all else.  You are on an incredible journey, surround yourself with positive people!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views