Pain 3 years after RNY?

Barbara M.
on 10/18/14 12:08 pm - IL

Good Day!

I had lap RNY 3/21/2011. I lost 100 lbs and am so very happy with my surgery and the results! I have developed a problem with pain. My Drs haven't found any cause but I haven't seen my surgeon this year. I don't know if it has anything to do with my surgery. I have pain all the time which seems to be in my bones. But this pain gets worse after I eat, especially if I eat too much which is a lot of the time. I get pain in the middle of my back approx under my bra strap. Then this pain radiates down my arms. The pain seems to be mostly in my bones but its hard to tell b/c it gets so bad. Do any of you have any experiencve with something like this? Or any ideas? Thanx, Barbara

Barbara 
RNY 3/21/2011  Dr. Marshall, OSF Surgical Center, Peoria, IL
Poodlemac
on 10/18/14 1:20 pm
RNY on 09/26/14
On October 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, Barbara M. wrote:

Good Day!

I had lap RNY 3/21/2011. I lost 100 lbs and am so very happy with my surgery and the results! I have developed a problem with pain. My Drs haven't found any cause but I haven't seen my surgeon this year. I don't know if it has anything to do with my surgery. I have pain all the time which seems to be in my bones. But this pain gets worse after I eat, especially if I eat too much which is a lot of the time. I get pain in the middle of my back approx under my bra strap. Then this pain radiates down my arms. The pain seems to be mostly in my bones but its hard to tell b/c it gets so bad. Do any of you have any experiencve with something like this? Or any ideas? Thanx, Barbara

I'm only 3 weeks post surgery, but that is the pain I feel when I eat or drink too much. I wonder if your body's response changes over time or if you're eating more than usual?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/18/14 2:05 pm - OH

I haven't heard of anyone saying that it feels like the pain is in their bones, but if you still have your gallbladder, it might be that because some people primarily report gallbladder pain in the area of their back that you describe.

It sounds like you need to see your PCP or surgeon.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lburrell
on 10/19/14 1:00 am

Gall bladder was my first thought too. Does your pain most often come in the evening? When I had gall bladder attacks I felt them most in my back and the pain would radiate up to my shoulders and upper arms. Take attacks would typically last for a couple hours then I'd wake up fine the next morning (my attacks typically started in the event ning or at night.

RNY 7/28/14 - HW 312 (1/9/14) - SW 263. CW 164 (3/28/15)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics