Four days til surgery and sick

bublegirl1
on 10/23/14 5:43 am
RNY on 11/10/14

So last night I started getting a sore throat. This morning it's really hurting and scratchy too and my voice is hoarse. Should I try to pu**** back a week or wait and see what happens? Guess I can call the doctor and ask him. 

-Amie

LISER617
on 10/23/14 6:25 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

I would call the doctor and let them know whats going on just so that there wont be any surprises when you show up for surgery. For me personally though, if my surgeon was ok with it then i would not wait.

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

alaskasusan
on 10/23/14 6:42 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I got pretty sick a few days before my surgery...I let the surgeon know about my symptoms and he said if I wanted, to go ahead with it as scheduled; otherwise the next available was 2 months out and I'd already been rescheduled four times!  Well, I did go in and it all went well except that I was so stuffy that I couldn't breathe.  It didn't have any effect on the surgery or recovery but if I could have waited just a week or so I would have, just to be able to breathe.  I got no sleep at all - literally - in the hospital because the pulse-ox alarm kept going off!  Hope you get better quick and all goes well!!

bublegirl1
on 10/23/14 6:56 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Well they  called me just now. They postponed til November 10. Surgeon had to schedule an emergency surgery for Monday. So maybe it all works out. Only a couple weeks away. 

-Amie

selhard
on 10/23/14 12:36 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I was such a nervous mess the night before WLS, I vomited off and on in the night thinking medical staff would end up rescheduling for a time I wasn't such a wreck...nope, they said I'd be okay...they were right.  

bublegirl1
on 10/23/14 12:53 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I am disappointed it was pushed back but glad it was because of them and not me. Lol my throat is worse and I'm having a pleghmy cough now too.  Yuck 

-Amie

NSkyDr
on 10/24/14 3:20 am

I too got sick before my surgery I still showed up the day it was scheduled however I was wearing so they didnt do the surgery. Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends. Hope that helps.

NSkyDr
on 10/24/14 3:20 am

I too got sick before my surgery I still showed up the day it was scheduled however I was wearing so they didnt do the surgery. Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends. Hope that helps.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 274 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics