Home from the Hospital. Surgery was Tuesday.

ClaudiaW
on 10/24/14 8:41 am - Rockwall, TX

I am home. Sore and groggy. I am doing well with liquids. I will update more tomorrow when i feel a bit better. I know my preop weight was 252 and I cam home at 245

Awillis
on 10/24/14 9:16 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

CONGRATULATIONS CLAUDIA!!!!! Welcome to the losers bench!  One day at a time, walk, sip and rest.  Try to get in protein.  Don't overdo it. I am in Richardson, you came home on a beautiful day in the Metroplex. Good loss already for you.  I am almost two months out. 

MayaKim
on 10/24/14 9:58 am

Your first few days will be a roller coaster. Take it easy, rest. Sip, sip, sip. I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op- dropped 12 pounds and went through the dreaded three week stall early! But, now I'm doin' my happy dance. Scale is finally moving.  Feel better!

Press On! MayaKim

RoxySquirrel13
on 10/25/14 7:13 am

I am 5 1/2 weeks out too and have been stalled since week 3 - how did you break your stall?

Start Weight: 297         Surgery Weight: 279.7        Current Weight  248.4

Surgery 9/17/14

MayaKim
on 10/25/14 9:49 am

RoxySquirrel13

I realized, was also told too, that if I don't get all the water or all the protein, my body will not have the nutrients that it needs to work with and will not let go of the weight. I increased the water intake, still not getting 64 oz, but more than I was. I increased the protein, eggs, cheese, meat-- getting about half now. But before that I just didn't eat or drink because I didn't like the taste of anything. Anyway, I'm not sure if it was the increase in water and food or  waiting it out that did it. But it was a VERY frustrating wait. Don't give up. It'll move eventually. I feel for you and am already dreading the next stall. There will be more. We've got to keep in our heads that WLS made it physically impossible for us not to lose. (At least until we are far enough out that we are eating junk food again.)

Press On! MayaKim

GodsChildII
on 10/24/14 11:34 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Congratulations Claudia! I am so glad that you came through the surgery well and that you are back home. I look forward to seeing your progress as you go through this journey.

RoxySquirrel13
on 10/25/14 7:15 am

Congrats on being home! My only piece of advice is take it easy. I felt like a failure when I had to take pain meds at home since so many people said they never took them.  But my mom told me everyone is different and the pain meds are there to HELP.

Start Weight: 297         Surgery Weight: 279.7        Current Weight  248.4

Surgery 9/17/14

zigzag
on 10/25/14 12:36 pm - Australia
RNY on 11/03/14

Hello Claudia

So pleased for you that your surgery went well. I go in 3rd November and I hope it happens without too much drama

Hope your recovery goes smooth and yes, sip sip sip and look after yourself...and Congratulations on your proactive step.

zigzag

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 521 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views