What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/28/14 10:23 pm, edited 10/28/14 10:32 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning, good morning, OH! I had the craziest voicemail yesterday - it was my surgeon's office asking if I might be willing to participate in a radio interview about my experience as type of infomercial for the program! My surgeon had recommended me as someone who has done really well (which I'm glad to hear she thinks!). I'll call the marketing department today to find out more. I don't know if I actually want to do it or not...but it will be interesting to hear more.

NSV Alert: last night I RAN! I had been planning to go to BodyPump, but the class wasn't until 8 o'clock and I was tired, so I hit the gym earlier and did the first day of Couch to 5K (5 minute warm up, 60 seconds running/90 seconds walking x 9, and a 5 minute cool down). I really don't want to run, but it's undeniably a good workout, easy to do no matter where you are, and I need a new challenge. 

The scale and I are struggling lately though. I thought I had the calories figured out, but I seem to be going no where fast - I've been waffling between 170 and 172 for a week and a half. I'm sticking with 1300 calories today, but think I'm going to drop back down depending on how things look tomorrow. What I really need is a break from the scale, but I don't think I have the will power to not get on it every day!

Time since surgery: 7 months

B: L&F Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and chia seeds + Nature Valley Granola Thin

S: Coffee with cream, apples and PB + LF ricotta with SF syrup

L: Cottage cheese, Babybel Light, fruit cup

S: cashews (these should not come into my house and once I'm done with these few bags I will not be buying them again anytime in the foreseeable future), celery with whipped cream cream

D: Sweet potato chili with shredded cheese

S: Cool Whip FroYo and SkinnyPop

TOTALS: 1268, Protein 73, Carbs 106, Fat 71

V/W: started

E: rest day

Make it a good one filled with good choices!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

kbb0185
on 10/28/14 10:47 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Hi Lady!  

Wow, that is awesome.  Running, I don't think I could run even if I was getting chased :)  That is so great that out of all their patients they chose you to ask.  That is a huge compliment, congrats!

I am exhausted today, on top of trying on 12 outfits before work this morning, and a cranky two year old, I am ready to go back to bed!  Hoping this work day is quiet.  I am trying the PB&J quest bar right now.  Its OK, not the best one but not horrible.  I really love the cookies and cream!  On the plus side I am wearing size 16 jeans today!  16!  Haven't been this size in years.  I bought a round of clothes in 14/16 thinking they would all be too small, and thye all fit!  That was nice!

I totally understand the scale battles.  I try to tell myself I will only weigh once a week but it never happens.  I feel like I'm fighting a battle with the 290s, then the 280s, then the 270s, and now the 260s.  Each one is hard to get to the next, if that makes sense.

Here's my food for today!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Quest Bar - Pb & J, 1 bar 220 21 10 20 320 2  
Almond Milk - 1 Cup, 1 Cup 40 2 2 1 180 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 260 23 12 21 500 2  
Lunch
Panera - Broccoli Cheddar Soup (Cup), 1 Cup 220 15 14 9 930 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 220 15 14 9 930 0  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Blue Diamond - Almonds (Roasted Salted), 1 oz 170 5 16 6 85 1  
Dannon Light & Fit - Raspberry Chocolate Greek Non-fat Yogurt, 5.3 oz (150g) 80 8 0 12 45 7  
Add Food  Quick Tools 250 13 16 18 130 8  

Totals 890 56 45 78 1,920 11

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

AZPatty
on 10/29/14 4:31 am
RNY on 02/25/14

Congrats on the size 16 pants!

Dcgirl
on 10/28/14 11:29 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, all!  Seems like we are all having scale problems.  I was 168 yesterday - and last night spent the evening with a friend who is going through a divorce.  Four of us girls sat outside discussing what was going on, and they got out the Halloween candy.  I haven't been tempted to eat sweets yet I ate four of them (small pieces) - today, I am at 170.  Obviously I know I did not have enough calories to gain 2 lbs but it's like the world is telling me, DON'T EAT THAT ****  So I am going to listen to this message :)  I went and sweat buckets on the Arc Trainer this morning.

Anny, that is amazing that you ran, and kbb you will run too!  I also thought I would never run or do half of the things I do today.  It's pretty incredible.  I did yoga for the first time yesterday.  I think it's great for flexibility.  I was able to do all of the poses though a few times they said to reach back and grab your foot my hand was NOWHERE near my foot lol.  But I think it's going to be a very rare thing for me to go back - frankly if I am spending an hour at the gym I have to burn a hell of a lot more calories than yoga provides.

This week is proving to be a challenge calorie-wise.  I have plans to go out tonight with old coworkers, back to the divorcing friend's house tomorrow to help pack up the soon-to-be ex's clothes, and going to a lake house this weekend with friends - where I will have my first alcoholic drink!  Yes I know I said I would reach goal first and I am 10 lbs away, but these friends have been so supportive and I feel like it will be very fun to have a drink on Saturday. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Sorry for the long post!  Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Time Since Surgery: 10.5 months, 199 lbs down now that I gained 2 lbs overnight sigh...

B: Chike high protein iced coffee 

L: Homemade salmon patty

S: Light and Fit yogurt with chia seeds and almonds

D: TBD - going to a new Todd English restaurant called MXDC so likely a few chips with guac, and some fish or chicken

E: Almost 800 calories on the Arc Trainer this morning

I will plan to be around 1,300 calories and 80+ protein.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/14 11:57 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

Good morning!

This is my first entry, and the last week where solid food is part of my diet until after surgery. Next week I go on all liquid, and the week after all CLEAR liquid. So I thought I would join in and make this part of my routine.

Time until surgery: 2.5 weeks.

B: cream of wheat & decaf Click both made with water (220)

L: Blueberry protein shake made with light almond milk, 1/2c frozen wild blueberries (211)

D: Taco salad (no shells) (> 500)

S: L&F yogurt or WW Fudgecicle. (100)

V/W: Water started, off vitamins until after surgery (Drs. orders)

E: Running around the house like a mad woman cleaning. 

I use MFP, but I haven't plugged dinner in yet. My macro goals for today: 1200-1300 calories, 70g Protein

AngryViking
on 10/29/14 12:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  Anny, that is very exciting about the radio interview!  You must let us know if you decide to do it.  Speaking of the scale, I'm pretty good about weighing just once a week (Thursday AM), but I'm finding myself becoming very rigid about my menu and the calories I'm taking in.  If I see myself creeping too much above that 800 calorie mark, I revise until I'm at a number that I'm happy with.  This is unsustainable, I'm aware, and it's something I need to work on.  My personality is such that once I'm in, I'm ALL in so the fact that it's spilled over into my food choices is unsurprising to me.  Every day is a learning experience, right?  If I could only be that way about exercise.  LOL  I'd be all set.

B:  coffee and L&F Greek Key Lime

L:  Spicy smoky sweet chili and a few cheddar cheese cubes

S:  1/2 Quest bar; vanilla almond crunch

D:  Turkey kielbasa stew with a couple mini pierogi

TOTALS:  Cals:  789  Protein:  57  Carbs:  67  Fat:  33

karenp8
on 10/29/14 2:13 am - Brighton, IL

I've become all in on the exercise and I think the key is to find something you can do easily and enjoy(or at least tolerate). I didn't enjoy exercise at first because the weight and my rheumatoid arthritis combined to make it painful. Most of my exercise is walking with a bit of either strength training or exercise bike. Now that I can walk without pain I love my daily walk with my boxer Lily. She gets me going on those mornings like today when I'm not very motivated!

Dodgergirl27
on 10/29/14 2:47 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I completely second Karen's advice.  It's all about finding what you like and can live with.  Running, walking, kickboxing, tai chi....I think the point just experiment until you find something you can live with (and hopefully like) to make your body move a little bit more than it otherwise would.  Good Luck!

hl1524
on 10/29/14 1:05 am - Austin, TX

Good morning!  I'm feeling like I'm finally getting some energy back.  Vacation starts tomorrow at 5:00pm and I'm so looking forward to being on the beach!  I'm finally at the unrestricted part of my plan which is nice to know I can enjoy a salad if I want. 

Anny - I know what you mean about cashews.  I have to make sure my nuts are prepackaged or I have to portion them out into their own little baggies. 

B: Premier shake

S:pistachios

L: taco salad (no shell)

S: white chocolate raspberry quest bar (yum - my fav!)

D: unsure -

S: sugar free popcicles (these have been a wonderful addition to our household)

W/V: Started

I hope everyone has a great day!

RNY 8/27/2014

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 8:20 am

What beach are you going to?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?