What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/2/14 9:12 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all and Happy November! It's my birthday week and I'm starting to get excited. It isn't a monumental birthday at all, but it's been a really big year so I'm excited to celebrate!

I did NOT do well with Halloween candy - and by didn't do well I mean I probably ate 30 pieces of it over the weekend, maybe more. Plus a bunch of chocolate chip cookies that my mom had made for her birthday. I obviously need to come up with some strategies for being around treats before the holidays are upon us or I will get REALLY off track. 

Tried some new things this weekend - overnight oats, roasted garlic parmesan pumpkin seeds, and Sweet Apple BBQ Chicken in the crockpot. 

I'm having the overnight oats right now and they're great! I used 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup vanilla L&F greek yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1/2T chia seeds, and 1T PB2 - put it all in a jar, left it in the fridge over night, then heated it up this morning. 176 Calories, 15 grams of protein, 25 carbs, and 6 grams of fiber.

Time since surgery: 7.5 months

B: Overnight oats

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB, LF ricotta

L: buffalo chicken salad with celery and Fiber Gourmet Wheat Thinables

S: peanuts and Babybel and another coffee

D: Sweet Apple BBQ chicken and steamed carrots

S: SkinnyPop and Dole Strawberry Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1165, Protein 81, Carbs 111, Fat 56

V/W: started

E: Couch to 5K Week 2/Day 1

NSV ALERTS: I made it through Week 1 of Couch to 5K and I'm actually liking it. I almost feel smug as I run a little on the treadmill, it sounds silly, but it's true. AND I shopped yesterday buying size TEN pants. SIZE TEN! That's the last of the double digit sizes, I might actually be in a single digit before I'm done losing - holy moly!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AZPatty
on 11/2/14 9:23 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning Everyone!  I am glad the weekend is over.  I like you Anny, didn't do so well over the weekend.  I found out that I do not dump on sugar.  This was my first time that I really tried anything.  We celebrated "Happy Katy Day" on Saturday.  That is the day that my daughter was officially adopted.  Anyway I bought her favorite cake (Costco) and kept licking the knife after I was finished serving.  Soon I had a sliver of the cake. The next day when I was wrapping up most of it to give away I had a small normal size piece!  I was so frustrated with myself!  I will also be working on a strategy to fix this before the holidays.

Exercise:  Ran 3.5 miles this morning

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Greek yogurt

L:  bacon turkey meatloaf

S:  pumpkin ricotta pancakes (2) plain

D:  chicken and green beans

S:  honey crisp apple and PB2

Totals:  832 Calories, 102 protein, 73 carbs

Have a great day.

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:37 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Happy Katy Day, I love it! I hear you on the cake - cake is always a big struggle for me. There's something about store bought cake was sweet, sweet icing that is very hard for me to resister....seriously hard!

Just get right back on track today and move on!

AngryViking
on 11/2/14 9:56 pm, edited 11/2/14 9:57 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hello all!  I don't know about you guys, but I haven't been able to get warm since like Wednesday of last week.  I am going to hate winter even more than usual, I can just tell.  My weekend was a good one; I was able to limit my Halloween candy intake to 4 pieces total (go me) and I made two new crockpot recipes (chicken and dumplings and chicken enchilada soup) and one new muffin recipe.  All winners.  I am fooling around with my menu today to get me one of those muffins, dammit.  They're apple pumpkin gingerbread and they are outstanding.  I don't like to be above 800 calories, but some days it's hard to do that.    Because muffins.

B:  coffee and Yoplait Greek tropical fruit

S:  muffin from heaven  *sigh*

L:  chicken and dumplings

D:  roast beef/cheddar rollups and a HB egg

TOTALS:  Cals:  839  Protein:  57  Carbs:  75  Fat:  31

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Way to go on keeping your Halloween candy intake to a minimum. I seriously just kept thinking to myself, "Well, it's a special occasion, I won't normally have access to this, it's fine, it won't hurt..." but that is seriously flawed thinking!

How far out at you? You might be wanting those muffins because your body is telling you it's time to up the calories...

mamata2
on 11/3/14 3:12 am

Where did you find the chicken and dumpling recipe?  Ive been looking for a WLS friendly one :)

AngryViking
on 11/3/14 3:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

It's super easy:

1 bag baby carrots

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 cans of Campbell's Healthy Request cream of whatever soups

3 c. chicken broth

S&P

Throw everything in the crockpot and cook on low for approx. 6 hours.  Shred the chicken, and add a can of refrigerator biscuits, flattened and cut into 4s.  (I used the Grands Jrs).  Push the dumplings down into the broth, cover and cook on high for another hour.  When I plug this into MFP for 8 servings (which is a lot), it's 283 calories, 23 protein, 29 carb and 8 fat.  That works out to 5 dumplings in a serving, which I can't manage, so I imagine the true stats are less for us WLS folks.  Or double, if you are my husband.  So yummy!

mamata2
on 11/3/14 3:44 am

That sounds awesome!  Thank you!

karenp8
on 11/2/14 10:23 pm - Brighton, IL

I'm sure you will be in single digits before you are done! My strategy to stay away from the treats wouldn't work for you because I dump on the teeniest bit of them. So all I have to do is remind myself of how miserable I would be and that delicious smelling pumpkin pie doesn't seem so yummy!

AnnyBananny
on 11/3/14 1:39 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Sometimes I wish I DID dump...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views