Energy??/Where are you?

Harpo2332
on 11/3/14 12:59 am

Hi All,  Looking for some expereinces. I am 8 weeks out and have very low energy.  I; eating properly and enough. I am getting enough sleep (actually going to bed alittle earlier thatn i used to). BUT I cant seem to get the wind in my sails.  Any advice, comiseration, or just a statement that I am normal would be great.

Thanks,

Nancy

selhard
on 11/3/14 1:23 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

At 8 weeks, you are likely still in MAJOR healing mode!  You sound like you could be similar to someone I know who went go through knee replacement surgery.  This strong person has always been a busy-bee not good at waiting around for anything.  Sound possible?  Good news, though...right around 6-8 months post-op, it was hard for even this 5'10" 'ol gal to sit still...being freed from obesity found me buzzing around trying to make up for lost time.  

poet_kelly
on 11/3/14 2:19 am - OH

Well, you're still healing.  Are you getting enough protein?  Enough fluids?  Taking your vitamins, including B12 and iron?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 11/3/14 3:27 am

Some seem to bounce back sooner than others. My energy did not return until I was about 6 months out. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cspotrun
on 11/3/14 7:44 am
RNY on 07/01/14

that's such a relief to hear!  at 4 months out, I'm really fine, but don't have the stamina I used to.  I find I just can't hang out as late at night and have a major sleepy time each afternoon.  it's much better than it was, but I know I'm not 100% there.  all my nutrition/vitamins/labs are fine.   it's good to hear there is hope, thanks!

Karen   

trackett
on 11/3/14 4:21 am

I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and I feel guilty that I have only had the energy to walk 3 times! But I have had some minor setbacks with a stricture and I have trouble getting in more that a few bites of anything and it's a constant struggle to get fluids in! Most days all I want to do is sleep! I just keep trying and pray it gets better soon.

Hulie
on 11/3/14 10:45 am

I am four months out and am still weak as a kitten.  I asked my surgeon about it and he said "you'll be alright."  So, I guess I just wait to get my strength back.  I take my vitamins, drink my protein, try to get a little exercise but tire so easily.  I am glad I'm not the only one!!

cspotrun
on 11/3/14 12:26 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm right there with ya!  I guess it isn't that uncommon.  I think we will get there soon.  Take care!

Karen   

GodsChildII
on 11/3/14 7:59 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I am three months out and for me personally the B12 helped tremendously. I take the nasal spray once per week and I feel like I have a tremendous amount of energy ( on most days anyway). Hang in there it really does get better.

Harpo2332
on 11/3/14 11:29 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. 

Nancy  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?