Only 4 days left to chew

mdaggett
on 11/3/14 4:47 am
RNY on 11/19/14

I start my liquid pre-op on Saturday.  I may be a little naive but I am really looking forward to it.  I think because I know it puts me that much closer to the day of my surgery.  ;)  Anyone have any helpful hints on how to get through the liquid diet with minimal hunger?  

bublegirl1
on 11/3/14 5:09 am
RNY on 11/10/14

I'm right there with you. I start my liquid pre-op diet on Saturday as well. My surgery is Monday morning.

I went through this for years ago when I had my sleeve and it's not fun and it's not that easy but it's very doable. And it's a little easier right after surgery because you don't feel like eating anyways. And drinking liquids for a diet or drinking liquids because you physically cannot eat solid food or you will Hurt yourself, kind of makes it a little easier as well. Good luck to you!

-Amie

mdaggett
on 11/3/14 5:19 am
RNY on 11/19/14

Awesome, thanks.  I am doing my pre-op for 11 days.  I am sure I will get through it.  I'm strong like bull.  lol....  

poet_kelly
on 11/3/14 6:34 am - OH

I think you're gonna get hungry.  Drink as much as you can and stay busy and accept the fact that you'll feel hungry sometimes and that's OK - hunger is not an emergency.  And it's only temporary.

I looked forward to my liquid diet, too.  I also saw it as one step closer to surgery.  I think a positive attitude helps.  That doesn't mean I didn't get hungry though.

but it's only temporary.  we can deal with being hungry for a short time, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mdaggett
on 11/3/14 7:57 am
RNY on 11/19/14

Absolutely. :)

FinallyFeelingLikeMe
on 11/3/14 6:52 am

Im 10 days post op, so Im still on liquids...The preop for me didnt get hard until like day 4...I say stay busy and stay focused on your goals. For me, and it sounds like for you too, the liquid diet was a positive thing. One step closer to surgery day. Good Luck and I hope you have a great kick off to your new life!

mdaggett
on 11/3/14 7:58 am
RNY on 11/19/14

:) thank you

life_mirrors_art
on 11/3/14 7:09 am - Canada

I like your subject line! And yes, the liquid diet means the surgery is closer. You can do it!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

mdaggett
on 11/3/14 7:59 am
RNY on 11/19/14

Thank you. I know I can :)

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/14 6:48 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

I had my last chewing meal this weekend! I'm also on the liquid diet (as of Monday). It's intense. Good luck and see you on the loser's bench!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 64 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?