So hungry!

joshie2645
on 11/2/14 6:41 am - Springdale, AR

My surgery was last Tuesday. I've been on a liquid diet since Wednesday when I was released from the hospital. I've had spats these last few days of me being so freaking hungry! Granted, my family isn't helping-they're continuing with their regular diet like nothing happened to me. ITs been so hard. Protein drinks and clear liquids. UGH!!

cspotrun
on 11/2/14 6:51 am
RNY on 07/01/14

that was a really hard time for me as well.  once I started on solids though, the hunger went away.  you just gotta get through it, and then all will be well.  when can you start softs and pureed? 

Karen   

joshie2645
on 11/2/14 6:55 am - Springdale, AR

Not till at least November 11, when I have my 2 week follow up. 

cspotrun
on 11/2/14 7:10 am
RNY on 07/01/14

o dear, that is rough.  every surgeon is different.  I was allowed soft food after 7 days.  seriously, just hang in there.  it's awful but a short time when you look back on it.  very soon your life will be much better.

Karen   

Poodlemac
on 11/2/14 9:33 am
RNY on 09/26/14

When I moved to "full liquids" and added cream soups and applesauce it got ALOT better!  Cream of broccoli soup, strained, was delicious! 

Bubbles314
on 11/2/14 1:07 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I was on clear liquids the week after surgery.  The second week was full liquids, you could add protein shakes with milk.  I got really hungry too.  I couldn't wait to do the puree phase, it is still a form of liquid but in my opinion more filling.  What I did notice was that I was ready to move to the next phase every time.  Hang on it will only be a few more days.  My Dr told me he keeps people on the liquids to give your stomach a chance to heal and the swelling to go down before introducing real food you chew.  Try some broth or crystal lite something different.  I live with the same kind of family, there food smells delicious I think there eating pizza 2 times a week to torture me.

Good luck I am a couple weeks infront of you, and I think it will only get better.  The weight loss also helped me cope.

Trouble1391011
on 11/3/14 12:35 am

Hang in there!  Its rough but you can make it.  I have 5 kids and my husband I have to feed, so I still have to cook for everyone while eating my still limited diet.  This surely isn't for the faint of heart :) 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404