Ulcer free!

takingcontrolguy
on 11/3/14 11:54 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/10/13 with

After the serious bleeding ulcer complication which left me passed out in my hotel room on a business trip in July, it was nice to have the follow up scope today to learn it has completely healed and everything looks very healthy. It been the only complication so far coming up on 11 months since surgery. I've been able to maintain at about 10 pounds below my original goal for last two months.  Feeling well and would do this all over again. If you're on the fence and reading this post cmon over the fence!  You'll be glad you did. .

Tanya S.
on 11/3/14 9:18 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good to hear you healed so well. Do you know why the ulcer formed in the first place? What was your regimen to support the healing after the ulcer was found? I was told caffeine can cause ulcers. I stay away from it most of the time, but it has started sneaking back in with winter coming on. I was also told to stay away from carbonated drinks for the same reason.

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 11/5/14 8:25 pm - VA

I will be having a scope done soon and I'm so nervous. I've not been feeling very well for some time now. There are days I feel perfectly fine and others where I swear there is something trying to gnaw their way out of my insides! I was recently told I have reflux, kind of an off the cuff diagnosis because of an episode I had. I can't wait to see what is going on this crazy pouch of mine. How scary for you and I'm glad to hear it has healed!!

Never Give Up!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views