Anyone fond liquids go gown a little too easy post op

princessjess73
on 11/5/14 5:50 pm - Lees Summit, MO

Surgery Monday and feeling good but as far as liquid intake goes, I feel like t should be feeling some fullness or stop. I am just sipping like I am supposed to and got in half a protein shake but I think I could have pretty much downed the 8 oz. has anyone experienced this. I hope he made my pouch small enough!

dccyr
on 11/5/14 6:52 pm

It's fine.  Just don't do it because you can.  give you pouch time to heal.  

poet_kelly
on 11/5/14 11:46 pm - OH

Drinking eight ounces won't keep your pouch from healing.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

karenp8
on 11/5/14 10:24 pm - Brighton, IL

Liquids go right through like through a funnel. Also nerves have been disturbed so you won't likely feel full now. That's why measuring is so important! Eat or drink your measured amounts and you will do fine. Once you get to dense foods you will feel a fullness but it probably won't be the same sensation as before surgery. I'm sure you doctor knows his stuff so follow his guidelines and relax!

Kate M.
on 11/5/14 10:24 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

Don't worry about it so much, you need to eat *something* (which is why you're on liquids in the first place). 

Lots of people have had this concern - liquids go straight through but you need them to survive at this point. Give it time! :) 

jefferytmc
on 11/5/14 11:36 pm

I know it "feels" like you could have downed it all.  And yes, they do go straight through.  But I can assure you, drinking 8oz quickly will make you vomit.  I was probably 2 months out and having no issues with drinking.  I had not had any water and came upon one of those little 8oz bottles, so I took a couple of small sips and felt good so decided to chug it to see.  I came very close to spewing it all.

Even at 8 months out, I can drink fine, but I can see I drink much slower than before.  

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

poet_kelly
on 11/5/14 11:45 pm - OH

I don't know how liquids could go down too easy.  Being able to get in your liquids is a good thing!  It doesn't mean your pouch is too small - liquids go right through your pouch since there is a small opening at the bottom.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kate M.
on 11/5/14 11:56 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

Thankfully it's HEALTHY fluids that go down easily and those bad ones for us (i.e. soda) don't! :D 

Han Shot First
on 11/6/14 12:22 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I was really worried about this at first, especially with people talking about drinking 6 ounces an hour.  But the funnel analogy makes a lot of sense.  I'm really glad for it also:  otherwise, I wouldn't be able to choke down these protein shakes.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics