What's on your menu Monday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/9/14 9:20 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. Thank you for the kind birthday wishes on Friday, I had a really fun day and weekend.

On Friday evening I went to a friend's house for dinner and we made salt dome fish, which was SO fun and delicious. It was totally messy and involved a HAMMER! We took kosher salt and made a mortar with it by adding egg whites and water. Then we put a layer in our baking dish, put in the fish and stuffed it was lemons, shallots, garlic, fennel, and herbs, then covered it with more salt and baked it. When it was done we used the hammer to crack through the salt dome! And most exciting? I actually liked the fish! We used bronzino and it was mild and surprisingly not salty at all. Here I am with the little fishies pre-salt dome. 

AND I had date #2 with Mr. Ikea and it was awesome. So a great weekend all around!

Time since surgery: 7.5 months (almost 8!!!)

B: Overnight Oats 

S: Coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: cottage cheese, a hardboiled egg, an Detour protein bar

S: pumpkin seeds and babybel

D: Sweet potato chili

S: Skinnypop and Dole Strawberry dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1198, Protein 78, Carbs 104, Fat 61

V/W: started

E: I have not been to the gym in 5 days, the guilt is setting in, tonight it's back to Couch to 5K

I got a fantastic birthday gift from my parents, this bangle bracelet for my Fitbit! If anyone else uses a Fitbit Flex but doesn't always want to wear the oh-so-lovely rubber bracelet there are a million different bracelets on Etsy, which I hadn't thought to look for until really recently. This bracelet has a little pocket on the inside to slip the little Bit in and it works perfectly. I'm in love already!

Ocalasam
on 11/9/14 9:46 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I JUST got a Fitbit last week and haven't had time to figure it out yet.  Can you post a pic of the bracelet?  I didn't know there were options besides the hideous rubber one!

AnnyBananny
on 11/9/14 10:01 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Well there's the zillion dollar Tory Burch one you can get from FitBit, but etsy is filled with them! My post has a link, the one I got was $40! It IS big, but I love bold jewelry. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 11/9/14 10:27 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning OH!  I had a nice weekend visiting with family.  I haven't seen them since a couple of weeks before my surgery, so they were surprised at my appearance.  ha-ha  I also found some shoes and clothes at my Dad's that I haven't seen/worn in 12 or 13 years, so it was almost like I went shopping in my own closet.  Good times.

B:  Coffee and Yopa! YoCrunch

S:  Breakstones 4oz single with a TB of Polaner Sugar Free + Fiber apricot preserves

L:  2 oz Hillshire Farms Buffalo chicken breast (so good), a babybel light and Fiber Gourmet Everything crackers with a Laughing Cow wedge

D:  Chicken apple sausage sauté.  This is actually a pasta dish but I'll be serving myself before it gets tossed with the pipe rigate, so I can save myself like 250 cals and 50 gms of carbs.  Let the boys eat that ****  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  753  Protein:  68  Carbs:  69  Fat:  28

Dcgirl
on 11/9/14 10:32 pm, edited 11/9/14 10:32 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone!  OMG I love the concept of a salt dome fish though it's crazy that the fish didn't taste salty!  Very cool!  What a fun birthday weekend you had.  Awesome on date #2.  I have date #2 tonight (with the guy who became committed to being healthy and lost 110 lbs doing cross fit and eating well in the past two years).  Any of you who are doing online dating will appreciate this (and those of you who have been married for a long time will think, isn't that normal?  It's not!): He calls me (not just texts), he suggests places to go, and he makes reservations for us.  HE'S LIKE A REAL ADULT MAN!  lol

After being the same weight for 17 days, I am down 1.8 this morning.  Absolutely no rhyme or reason.   I did some great workouts this weekend - a CrossFit type of class on Saturday and a 9 mile walk around DC yesterday.  I also had alcohol and popcorn.  Sigh...

Time Since Surgery: a wee****il my 11 month surgiversary

B: Chike high protein coffee shake, a coffee with half and half

L: Curried chicken salad, maybe on some 34 degree rosemary crackers

S: Light and Fit greek yogurt (apparently I am more obsessive than I thought - I cannot stay away from this stuff!  The strawberry cheesecake has been hitting the spot)

D: Date #2 at an amazing tapas restaurant.  Lots of cheese and meat options.  I will probably be a little high on calories but I will be ok on carbs/protein

E: Just did 25 minutes weight lifting and 25 minutes Arc Trainer (incline 10, resistance 30).  I am a sweaty beast and it feels good!  

Hope everyone has an awesome day.  To our Northern friends in the US and Canada, stay warm!  I see snow in today's forecast?!  I am not ready for this weather!  Cool NSV - I am getting a pair of Ugg boots for Christmas.  I know, 10 years after they were popular, but they never fit before so I am excited they do now and they will keep my toesies warm! 

ETA - a friend sent me this cool article about boots for wide width calves.  I am loving my new Naturalizer Johanna wideshaft boots and this is the first time ever I can wear knee high boots!  I found a coupon online for 30% off if I ordered them on naturalizer.com :)  Pic below!

AngryViking
on 11/9/14 10:57 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

LMAO @ real adult man.  When I first met my now husband, he was the first guy I dated that did that kind of stuff; made reservations, pulled out my chair, opened doors, etc.  I was like "what the hell are you doing?".  LOL  And he still does pull out my chair and help me with my coat.  It's the little things.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/14 11:08 pm

Em you look great.It is such a great feeling to be able to wear boots like that. Uggs are great.I call them my lazy woman shoes.I love them when it is really cold out.

DSW has some good sales on boots now to.I just ordered a pair of Bare Traps that have fur in them.I am going to Canada in a few weeks.So I needed them.That's what I tell myself.

Anny  that is a great way to make dinner together without snacking before the main meal.That must have been fun. Glad you had a happy birthday.

My husband and I did go to a friends bonfire Saturday night.They had soft pretzels there.I wanted to fill my pockets with them. I had one then got a cookie for my husband then I told him we had to leave. We were both tired and wanted to sit in front of our fireplace and chill. Carbs are a product of the devil.

Went sailing on Sunday there was no wind. So we just anchored up and sat out on the bay and had lunch it was chilly but it was nice.

I am excited for tomorrow.I got chosen from one of our local radio stations to get a tattoo on air. I emailed them my story of WLS and sent before and after  pictures and I received an email that I get to get a free tattoo.So it should be interesting.

B:Eggs and ham

S:Yogurt

L:Turkey roll up

D:Taco salad with filet mignon 

S:Not sure

Vitamins and water are working their way down.

Have a good day

AZPatty
on 11/9/14 10:48 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good morning. Had a great weekend with my sister and brother In-law. We shopped and walked a lot!  It had been a little over a month since I saw them and they couldn't believe how "skinny" I looked. I am only ten pounds different from the last time I seen them. It is amazing how ten pounds is different at this weight than at 300 pounds. 

My parents are flying in to visit on Thursday so I am really looking forward to that. I will be busy for sure preparing for their arrival. 

Exercise:  ran 3.5 miles this morning

B:  premier protein, tea, WW string cheese

S:  Greek yogurt

L:  taco bowl and beans

D:  oven baked chicken breast, roasted sweet potatoes (2 oz)

S:  popcorn

totals: 924 calories, 94 protein, 75 carbs

Have a great day!

Louise1974
on 11/9/14 11:33 pm

Good morning!!!  it is been so long since I checked in and you all look wonderful!!  DC Girl, those boots are AMAZING and I love the leggings too.  You look incredible.  Incredible!! 

I am 26 months out.  I am finding this stretch to be a pretty rough road but I am hanging in there.  I am cutting way back on carbs because I find that they cause way more cravings now than they did in the beginning. 

S:  tea with milk

B:  2 eggs with chorizo and salsa, 1 T sour cream

L:  Veal soup with lots of kale

S:  tea with milk

D:  out to eat with my husband, I think we are going to this fancy place that has lots of great pate and cheese and meat.  I am sure I can find something protein heavy.  Yummo!

S:  I am working really hard to not eat in the evenings after dinner but my medicines make me sick if I take them without food so I have been having a 1/2 of plain yogurt with a sprinkle of almonds with my meds.

i think I am going to stack a bunch of wood and go for a run too.  And maybe a hike tonight after the kids go to bed.  I am loving night hiking lately.  Not great exercise necessarily because you have to go pretty slow but really fun. 

Have a great day everyone!

Dodgergirl27
on 11/9/14 11:45 pm
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Anny and Em, great pictures!  You both look awesome!  I have a very stressful day today, a big audit with a pain in the a** customer, so we'll see how that goes.  Sadly, I won't be able to stalk OH, or this thread like I normally do to see what people update :)  

My weightloss has ground to a halt yet again, and I"m going through the "oh my god, I'm never going to get to goal" freak out that seems to be a regular part of my routine these days :)  I just need to get to freaking onederland already!!!!! 

Time since surgery: 9.5 months

B - 2 string cheeses

L - TBD (have to go out with the auditors :(

D - I bought some turkey carnitas this weekend and it was delicious, so I think I'm going to stick with that to get my protein #'s up and my carbs down.

W/V- On track, although I think water might be hard today

E - I'm thinking 30 day shred or Tae Bo when I get home

Have a great Monday everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 285 views