Anyone having issues with gallstones/biliary colic?

onemeanmom
on 11/10/14 11:02 am - Modesto, CA

My gallbladder was removed in 2010 but I still have stones! They say that stones can still develop and let me tell you if is NOT fun! Very painful and so far nothing they can do about it. The stone usually passes by the time I get to ER and getting treated with anti-nausea and pain meds, do the CT or whatever and nothing is there. I guess it's good that its passed and not stuck therefore needing surgery or some such thing but I wish my crazy body would stop making stones in the common bile duct... anyone else have these issues?  Or solutions?

CHELLEYGIRL
on 11/11/14 12:37 am - PALMDALE, CA

My common bile duct is blocked and full of a sludge stuff... I actually am goin to see the GI doc today to see what his plan of action is going to be. I havent had my gallbladder in 14 years. The pain is terrible .  And super random . I hope you get better and your doc finds a great solution!! 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

onemeanmom
on 11/11/14 3:07 am - Modesto, CA

Thanks. Please let me know how your appt turns out. I've had weird looks by docs and nurses ... stones? No gallbladder?? Most have not heard of such a thing. 

CHELLEYGIRL
on 11/12/14 11:12 pm - PALMDALE, CA

I went to my appt with the GI doc. He said by the looks of the ultrasound there are no stones, which is a good thing. He said it is a complicated surgery to remove them in RNY patients. My next step Im waiting for the approval for an endocsopy to see what going on inside my tummy, looking for ulcers and that stuff. He also tols me that having an enlarged common bile duct is normal after having your gallbladder removed.  If they havent heard of these things, find a new doc!!! I hope you are gettig somewhere with them! You can always friend me and we can keep in contact !

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 417 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 364 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 62 views