What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 11/11/14 9:30 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH World! Hope everyone is well today.

Yesterday I asked about where folks buy their Bariatric Advantage chews, if they use them that is, and it got me thinking about all the million different websites and stuff that each of us use. Have you found a site your really like for your supplies? Supplements? Snacks? It's no secret that I'm a netrition.com addict. I've found they have the cheapest prices for many of the snack things I like and the shipping is quick and cheap (if you live in the US). I get my Quest bars, Fiber Gourmet crackers, and Kay's Naturals stuff from them and it's consistently around $.50 cheaper than other places. I've been buying most of my supplements on Amazon Prime. What about you guys? Any gems we might not know?

Time since surgery: 7.75 months

B: Overnight Oats

S: Coffee with cream, apple slices with PB

L: Applesauce Chicken, Babybel Light, a Nature Valley Granola Thin (which is a lot like a cookie...)

S: L&F Greek yogurt with sliced almonds and more coffee with cream (now that I'm seeing a new ESL student 2 nights a week this seems to be my "get through the long day" go-to and I'm ok with it. I stop at Wawa and do the coffee myself - 3/4 decaf, 1/4 caf - just enough caffeine...)

D: TJ's Roasted Garlic chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup, 2 of Eggface's savory ricotta pancakes

S: SkinnyPop and Dole Strawberry dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1193, Protein 76, Carbs 101, Fat 60

V/W: started (I've been really, really bad about getting both my Calciums in - I need to step it up!)

E: Couch to 5K continues!

Quick report from my doctor's appointment - missing periods is fairly common post-WLS, which I did know, but after 4 months I was getting itchy. My doctor suggested that I do a hormone pill for 5 days, then when I stop it hopefully that will "shock" my body and any uterine lining I've been developing will shed in a "withdraw bleed" and I'll get back on cycle. Apparently they would do a similar course if you were getting your period for an extended time, which I've also read some WLS ladies have happen. So if you're having period woes - make sure to check in with your doc, they might be able to help!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 11/11/14 9:56 pm

Good morning!  I had an awesome NSV yesterday,  I had a job interview and none of my suits fit!  Not even the ones from 10 years ago pre-children!  I ended up purchasing a skirt at Target and wearing one of the slightly too large suit jackets.  Anyway,  we are going to a Motley Crue concert tonight for my husband's Birthday (which was in March lol) so I am unsure if I will be having alcohol but it is likely.

Anny, I buy almost everything (vitamins, snacks, and misc) from Amazon.  I love free two day shipping and their return policy is spectacular.  Occasionally I will stop by the local Vitamin Shoppe of GNC if I am looking for instant gratification.

Time since surgery: 4 months

B: Latte and Egg Scramble

S: Beef Jerky

L: Atkins Swedish Meatballs

S: South Beach Snack Bar in Coconut Crunch

D: Unknown

S: Most likely some form of alcohol ;)

TOTALS: Calories 995, Protein 71, Carbs 59, Fat 55 (without drinks or dinner)

V/W: started 

E: Does jamming to Motley Crue count?

AngryViking
on 11/11/14 9:59 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Head banging totes counts as exercise. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 11:24 pm

Congratulations about the job interview.Concerts are exercise. Have a fun time.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 10:00 pm

Good Morning.It's cloudy but it is going to cool off today.I am going to get a few long sweaters to wear with jeggings.I am waiting on a pair of boots that look nice and are good in the snow. 

B:Coffee with cream and pumpkin spice it is in the spice rack isle of the store/Eggs and some ham

L:Chicken with broccoli 

S:not sure

D:Salad with filet mignon

S:not sure if I want one I can have it

Vitamins are going down and liquids are getting in. 

Anny I use Amazon for a lot of things.I buy most of my vitamins from the drug store.I don't do chewables.I am too cheap. 

Have a great day

Dcgirl
on 11/11/14 10:32 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, all! I had a spectacular evening last night on the National Mall at the Concert for Valor, celebrating active duty service people and veterans.  In between the music acts, they showed these incredible videos of veterans - one guy lost BOTH of his legs and is doing an IronMan.  It really made me think about the times I am "too tired" to work out or "can't" do something at the gym.  I was really inspired.  

Today is our last warm day here in DC - I am going out after work to meet up with a girl who used to work for me and I haven't seen her in probably four months so I know it will be fun.  After I am grabbing dinner with a friend but we already discussed the menu because we are obsessed with the tuna tartare and the lobster roll - so we will share :)

Time Since Surgery: 11 months later this week! (and the scale is moving this week for no apparent reason but I will take it!)

B: Chike!  And a coffee with cream.  And another coffee with vanilla creamer.  Obviously I have ignored the post-WLS guideline of no coffee ha ha.

S: Light and fit greek yogurt with chia seeds and almonds

L: 3 oz chicken breast in Trader Joe's red thai curry sauce

S2: Kay's naturals jalapeño honey mustard twists; possibly a Skinny Pop 100 calorie bag

D: The inside of half of a lobster roll, tuna tartare

E: Holy crap - I did a class at the gym today and then 55 minutes on the Arc Trainer.  I must be psychotic that I am doing 4 weekly small group training classes - but I feel so strong!  And the more calories I burn the more I can eat lol.  So I will keep at it :)

My totals are 1200 calories, 114 protein, 67 carbs.  Supposedly in an hour and a half I burned 880 calories but who knows how accurate that is.  It does make me feel good, that's for sure.  And with Thanksgiving coming, I have to pre-work so I can have a few bites of stuffing :)

Anny, re: products, I am with you.  Netrition and amazon prime all the way.  I mean, are there other options?  ha ha

Have a wonderful day, all!  Em

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/14 11:37 pm

That must have been awesome to see the show last night Em. The radio station I listen to had clips of it. I would have loved to have been there.Metallica must have been amazing.I am not a fan of Bruce Springstein. But I would have loved to have seen the show.

You amaze me with the exercise you get in Em. I am trying not to stress about Thanksgiving.My son lives in Maryland and does not have the day off after so we may be going down there and staying overnight and going to a restaurant which I would like that so I could have lobster or steak.

I do hope he can come home.He needs to help bring down the Christmas decorations. I will make turkey with homemade cranberry sauce. Stuffing I will make low carb version for me and make them stove top.

Dcgirl
on 11/12/14 12:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks for the kudos, Susan!  If you like Metallica, PLEASE find a clip of them from last night online.  They were INCREDIBLE.  I mean, those guys must be in their 50s?  And they looked and sounded and performed like they haven't taken a day off from playing guitar or going to the gym.  They were the standout of the concert!

I am not stressing about Thanksgiving because I know I will make 80% great choices (turkey and veggies) but I am definitely going to have some stuffing.  I am ok with that.

I hope your son can travel home too.  Partly to be free manual labor, and partly so that you guys can spend the holiday together!  :)

Also, I saw your post on your tattoo!  That is so cool!!!  I have 3 tattoos myself and will inevitably get more at some point!

AngryViking
on 11/11/14 10:47 pm, edited 11/11/14 11:26 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  So my new boots are fab and I am rocking them with jeggings, a button down and a long sweater.  I'm feeling pretty sassy today.  LOL

Anny, you turned me onto netrition.com and I use them for my snacky things like Quest Bars and Fiber Gourmet crackers.  I use drugstore.com for my iron and calcium chews.  All the other vites I get at Target.

My husband wanted to go out last night for his "free meal" so we ended up at Applebees.  I did indulge in a mozzarella stick and a quesadilla wedge in addition to my Thai shrimp salad, but I logged all my **** and managed to come in under 1000 calories.  Still, not feeling great about my choices.  But I'm putting my (awesome) big girl boots on and pushing forward.  Every day is another chance to make good choices, right?

B:  coffee and 1/2 chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar

L:  Other half of the Quest bar and a snack size cottage cheese with 1/2 oz. of wasabi/soy sauce almonds

D:  Barbacoa beef we didn't eat last night with refried beans and some shredded cheddar

TOTALS:  Cals:  806  Protein:  73  Carbs:  50  Fat:  39

kbb0185
on 11/11/14 11:31 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

Morning everyone!  Anny I get all my supplemets/quest bars/protein shakes from Amazon.  I have found them to be the cheapest, and the free two day shipping is nice too.  I'll have to check out that site and compare.

Here's my food for today.  I am back at work after a wonderful 4 day weekend, and busy catching up!

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Blue Diamond - Almonds (Roasted Salted), 1 oz 170 5 16 6 85 1  
Stop and Shop - Cracker Cuts Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 4 slices 140 0 10 8 200 0  
Almond Milk - 1 Cup, 0.5 Cup 20 1 1 1 90 0  
Add Food  Quick Tools 330 6 27 15 375 1  
Lunch
Chicken Soup - Crockpot, Rotisserie chicken, 1 serving(s) 23 5 0 1 217 2  
Add Food  Quick Tools 23 5 0 1 217 2  
Dinner
Premier Nutrition - Ready to Drink Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake 12oz 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Add Food  Quick Tools 160 5 3 30 360 1  
Snacks
Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Single Serving Pouch - Popcorn, 0.6 oz 90 12 5 2 55 0  
Starbucks Grande - Skinny Vanilla Latte, 16 oz 120 19 0 12 170 16  
Add Food  Quick Tools 210 31 5 14 225 16  

Totals 723 47 35 60 1,177 20

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?