suggestions for phase I??

mtnmamaof_4
on 11/12/14 6:12 am

I am heading home from my rny tomorrow morning and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for phase I liquids that got you through?

tIA!

silvaofnc
on 11/12/14 6:17 am
RNY on 09/15/14

Focus on nothing else.  Leave work and home problems behind for awhile.  Be selfish.  This is your time and you life and you are important.  

joansch
on 11/12/14 6:34 am

I depended a lot on Isopure -- the blue raspberry is the best. I drank it very cold, and sipped as I walked around my house. It added protein and gave me liquid, intead of plain water. A friend made some chicken broth for me, and that helped, too. Basically I lived on water, Isupore, Syntax Nectar protein powder, and chicken broth. And sugar-free popsicles.

Congrats -- you'll do fine.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

Amy R.
on 11/12/14 6:36 am

It's been a while for me since surgery but I do remember two things I lived off of when I was in the liquid stage:

1) Campbells' Chunky Soup (broth only of course).  I would add a little water to make more broth and strain out the meats, veggies, etc.  For some reason their broth was just very satisfying.  It wasn't bland like chicken or beef boullion (sp?) and there were a million flavors.

2)Hansen Organic Diet Soda.  I loved the grapefruit.  I would fill ice cube trays with this and suck on the ice cubes.  No carbonation.

Lots of people will pop in with lots of ideas.  The most important thing is just to get liquids in in a way that works for you.  Dehydration can really mess you up, especially early out.

Best of luck to you on your journey=)

Sherrie P.
on 11/12/14 8:52 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I had three weeks post op liquids. Ugh. My husband bought won ton soup from our local Chinese place. Mana from heaven it was. 

I also loved sugar free Popsicles.

At about week 4 all cold things made me feel like knives were stabbing me - it went away thank goodness!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

phibbmom
on 11/12/14 11:53 am

I liked Progresso Light Chicken Pot Pie (strained of course) with unflavored protein powder.  The sugar free popsicles were my treat at the end of the day (and still have and consider a great treat).  I also enjoyed the sugar free jello, but I had to focus on not eating it too fast.  Good luck and I hope you have a great recovery!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

GodsChildII
on 11/12/14 1:09 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Won ton soup ( no won tons) was a life savor for me. It actually had flavor and got me through! Best of luck.

mtnmamaof_4
on 11/12/14 7:31 pm

Good morning!  Well today is the day, thanks for all of the suggestions. . .the first week is clears, no protein. . .then next Friday I will hopefully move to full liquids/purees. . .clear soup broths is a great idea, sounds so much better than diluted AJ. . .appreciate the help/ßupport tho!

carimiller9173
on 11/12/14 9:52 pm - Wilmington, DE

Good morning.  I know I am pre-surgery, but have found premier protein shakes are pretty good with 30grams of protein for 11oz.  They have Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry creme.  I've only had vanilla and chocolate and both are actually decent.

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

mamata2
on 11/13/14 12:08 am

Tomato soup strained was a lifesaver for me.  Also, sugar-fee popsicles and crystal light.  I had an issue with plain water for the first couple of months so just adding a bit of CL made all the difference.  Congrats on surgery and good luck over the next few weeks.  They are definitely the hardest but its awesome after that :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views