Buckling in for the weekend -- then surgery Monday

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/14 1:29 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I'm almost there. This weekend I think will be tough. I'm hungry, but resolved to get through the clear liquid diet (on day 3!). I never thought I'd say this, but wow do I miss protein shakes. At least it had a thickness to it that is missing from water and jello.

I'm also doing all the things I won't be able to do for awhile - laundry and cleaning! Joy! I'm also saying goodbye to my summer clothes, and packing them away. When I hit maintenance I'll look into selling them or giving them away.

I took my before photos after my pre-op appointment (blood work all came back fine and papers are signed!), and it really opened my eyes. Even though I've lost weight, I am still so...big. How did I let myself get that big? What was I thinking? Did I truly think I wasn't as big as I obviously was at my highest? It's really helped settle whatever doubts I had about the surgery. If I continued as I was, I was eating myself into an early grave.

Did anyone else have that eye-opening moment after looking at their befores?

mschwab
on 11/14/14 2:24 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I have that eye-opening moment every time I look at a photo or catch a glance of myself in a window.  Congrats on the surgery one Monday.  You will be fabulous!  I am right after you with surgery one 11/21.  I am on day 8 of the liquid diet, and only have to do clear liquids on Thursday.  This weekend will be my "cleaning house" weekend too.  Congrats again!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mdaggett
on 11/14/14 2:46 am
RNY on 11/19/14

Congratulations!!  See you on the other side.  Mine is Wednesday!  I'll be doing my cleaning and possibly putting up my tree, packing my bag and such.  It's a surreal moment that's for sure.

Michele

http://stuffmybrainthinks.com/

H/W 297 S/W 244 C/W 234 G/W 148

Lady_bugg
on 11/14/14 5:50 am
RNY on 11/18/14

Add me to the list of those who will be cleaning this weekend in preparation of surgery.  Mine is on Tuesday.

I've been struggling with my pre-op diet.  I've lost 7 lbs this week, but I'm hungry and just want food.  I'm not craving junk - just good food that I'm not allowed right now!  Will be thankful after the surgery when the hunger isn't playing into this.  Still will have the emotional side of the loss of food.  But, all is worth it! 

Good luck on Monday!  I'll be thinking of you. 

Sherrie P.
on 11/14/14 9:07 am
RNY on 02/06/13

So this is crazy... but when I took my before pictures, I was like - oh, I really don't look so bad!!  NOW I am like... OMG WTH?? I am embarrassed to look at myself.

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/6508/albums/126586/Me9month2.jpg

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Jessie W.
on 11/14/14 10:54 pm

Wow! Just around the corner for you. If I was to be absolutely honest about pictures of me I would have to say I truly advert my eyes off of me and instead only see anything or anyone else that is in the picture. So to answer your question - your question alone has been an eye-opening moment because it has made me see that I have not really seen myself as others may be seeing me. Good luck to you throughout the rest of this weekend and positive thoughts going out to you for Monday.

robprater
on 11/15/14 2:59 am

Hi There!  My surgery is scheduled for Monday as well.  I'm getting excited but I'm sure by Sunday night, the nerves will set in.  Best of luck to all those having surgery this week!  Let's do this together!!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views