Stomach hungar pains

Jack Allen
on 11/13/14 11:06 pm - Leesburg, VA

Im having a revision done soon and need to decide between the sleeve and the bypass.

I've heard with the sleeve that hungar pains are gone.

Is this true for the bypass?

I have a lap-band now and I get the worst hungar pains. I want this to be gone after the next procedure.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/14 11:35 pm - Edmonton, Canada

I just had RNY 6 weeks ago, but am rarely hungry; it's more of a an empty sensation. I am told by my NUT that this is temporary and my hunger will come back after 12-18 months.

I remember from one of the classes that with the sleeve, they remove the part of the stomach that release hunger hormones.

Hope that helps.

HFA70
on 11/13/14 11:50 pm

I felt hunger about 3 months after my RNY.  I wouldn't call it a hunger PAIN exactly, but my body tells me I need food.

It doesn't feel like the hunger I had before the surgery.

I don't know anyone who's had the sleeve to ask their opinion.

Good luck!

Jack Allen
on 11/14/14 12:54 am - Leesburg, VA

Right now I have hungar pains and its like a roll of thunder in my stomach. They are irritating and uncomfortable. I know with the sleeve that will stop because they remove the stomach, but I also want the mal-absorption from the bypass. 

I will go with the one insurance pays for I guess.

bublegirl1
on 11/14/14 3:14 am
RNY on 11/10/14

I had the sleeve four years ago. The most I had to deal with was head hunger. My brain telling me I needed food. When you eat protein like you are supposed to you feel satisfied and not as hungry. If you eat more carbs then you will feel hungry more often. 

I just revised to the Rny this week. I'm hoping the malabsorption will help me a little more this time but with any of the surgeries we get out of it what we put in. Good luck! 

-Amie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 77 views