Gained 41 pounds in less than 1 year...

Marilyn101
on 11/14/14 8:47 pm - FL

I have to be very honest and say this is all my fault. I got comfortable and decided to take time off the workout routine and decided to start eating things I had no business eating  basically got lazy. My highest weight at surgery was 430lb. My lowest was 230lbs. Lost 200lbs. but in the last year i have gain 41 pounds back that puts me at 159 lbs down from my highest weight. I an very disappointed in myself. I made a promise to my self over 3 years and 7 months ago that I would not allow myself to go back once I had the surgery, and I am well on my way to failing that promise. Today is a new day for me I will restart my workouts and so back to the basics to get back on track. My OH family my advise to all is stay on track.. don't walk away from your routine don't make the same mistake I did as you will find yourself finding it very hard to start over. 

karenp8
on 11/14/14 9:03 pm - Brighton, IL

Thanks for the words of warning, Marilyn! Today is a new day and I know you can do this,just like you did before. Start small and take it one choice at a time. We are all here cheering for you too!

Marilyn101
on 11/14/14 9:09 pm - FL

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement I will keep you all posted 

Dartmouth
on 11/14/14 9:22 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

You have no idea how helpful it is to have people who are experienced and have slid back a bit tell about it and how they plan to start anew!

It reminds me that this is a lifelong journey and that if I get into trouble, I will try to have the courage that many others have had to get back on track!

Thanks for sharing!

Joan

Marilyn101
on 11/14/14 10:59 pm - FL

Joan,

Thank you for your kind words. I believe that this will be at life long battle for me. But, I must remain positive and get back on the horse. I must! I didn't come all this way, to go back. But I have to tell my self life has set backs.. how far its up to me. 

Marilyn

Price S.
on 11/14/14 9:45 pm - Mills River, NC

anyone can out eat any surgery.  So you did what many many folks do but now you have a tool to get back on track.  YOu can do this.  We have a bunch of folks on the LWboard who are working hard at maintaining or losing what they have gained.  Come join us.  Don't worry, none of us ever felt like we were lightweights, lol.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Marilyn101
on 11/14/14 11:03 pm - FL

Price S.

Thank you so much. I will actually look into the LWboard and join you guys. More support to help each other. You are right we have the tools to lose the weight, but its good to know and hear your not alone. 

Marilyn

Jessie W.
on 11/14/14 10:07 pm

It took courage for you to hold yourself accountable and even more courage to come here and say it. As a soon-to-be RNY newbie, thank you. Now, forgive yourself up so you can stop beating yourself up and embrace today so tomorrow can be even better.

Marilyn101
on 11/14/14 11:07 pm - FL

Jessica,

Thank you. Your absolutely right, I am beating my self up. But tomorrow is always a new day. I must take charge today for a brighter tomorrow. I will get back o the band wagon. Im going to start working out today. Good luck on your upcoming RNY, please keep us posted. 

Marilyn

White Dove
on 11/15/14 4:59 am - Warren, OH

Please realize it will probably take a year to get the weight back off.  The days of cutting calories and dropping a pound a day ended for me after rny. 

I work hard to drop a pound a week and am happy with 1/2 pound a week.  Don't give up.  You can do this.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views