Prenatal vitamins

jessie06
on 11/14/14 10:17 pm - Albuquerque, NM

Hello!  My husband and I are going to start trying to get pregnant in a few months so I figured it was a good time to start prenatal vitamins.  But I have no idea what kind! I currently take 2 centrum chewables a day.  I also take carbonyl iron, vitamin D, calcium, b12.  

My dietitian said most any prenatal will work.  Anyone else have thoughts?  I couldn't find any bariatric specific prenatal vitamins online. If I just go with Nature Made or whatever is that okay?  And should I take one or two a day?

Thank you!!! :D

poet_kelly
on 11/15/14 3:12 am - OH

You should take twice the normal dose, I would assume, since that's what we are supposed to take when not pregnant.  But check with your surgeon and OB or midwife.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Poodlemac
on 11/15/14 10:59 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Be warned, prenatal vitamins make you very hungry!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/15/14 12:17 pm - OH

Why would prenatal vitamins increase hunger??

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Needanewbeginning
on 11/15/14 1:28 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I have never heard that they make you hungry? That seems a but strange? Why on earth would they??

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Chilipepper
on 11/15/14 1:28 pm

?? Scratching my head on the hunger reply. 

Poodle can you explain?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

princessjess73
on 11/15/14 4:35 pm - Lees Summit, MO

The green Walmart nature made are good. Never made me hungry. Pregnancy may induce hunger!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 450 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404