Onset of fullness too rapid! Help!

burghblonde
on 11/17/14 1:16 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I am 6 months post op and have had no real issues to date. The last 3 days, however, I am only able to eat small increments at a time until I feel full. When I say small increments I am talking about 2- 2.5 ounces of just about anything I try. Meat, yogurt, soup, anything! I am not vomiting or feeling sick at all when it happens. It is just very uncomfortable, no pain just discomfort. I also notice that I start sneezing almost immediately and belching a lot. It's not really the foamies, but air just begins to move up my esophagus, I can actually feel it! Then the burp comes out automatically. 

Anyone ever experienced similar occurrences?

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/17/14 1:44 am

"Small pouch days" - when my pouch is irritated, or I have an ulcer, or it is just swollen because i ate something I am allergic to.,.

Or because I was so full of air and "****" (severe constipation) that the air only could go up...

BTW; that also happened to me when my GB stopped working and I had hernia and twisted intestines...... soon after that I need surgery to get it out and fix the hernia..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

burghblonde
on 11/17/14 2:27 am
RNY on 05/12/14

Thanks! Hoping it's a simple bump in the road that will pass. I figured I probably should give it a few days and then call the doc if it continues. Maybe my pouch is just being picky right now? Seems to be worse with meats, which I have never had an issue with before.

~ Heather~

NYMom222
on 11/17/14 4:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I find what my pouch can hold changes it seems. There are small pouch days and days I'm afraid at how easy it is to eat. There was a post on here one day awhile back about this, and people who were far out from surgery 5 or 6 years say they still have that.  I did have a start of some kind of irritation about a month ago and when I told the Doc he upped my omeprezole for 2 weeks and told me to eat a lot of Tums. Wasn't sure if it was something starting. I told him 'I hate to call it pain I am just uncomfortable'. I also found myself pressing under my ribcage to get the air/belches out.  The other surgeon just thought maybe I was eating too fast. Well now that it is gone, and I can tell the difference it was 'something' not just eating too much. So watch it... maybe take some tums if you are allowed.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sandie E.
on 11/19/14 7:14 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

I am wondering....how fast are you eating and are you still chewing really well?  I know that since I am 6 months out also, I have to pay attention to chewing and eating slow still since it is much easier to rush this far out.  Maybe spasms or reflux?  I am still taking my meds for that. 

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

burghblonde
on 11/19/14 11:51 am
RNY on 05/12/14

It passed!

I chew food so consistently its become a career. I fear what will happen if something gets caught. I do tend to eat a little fast and catch myself in the process. Typically when I do that or have had one bite too much...I break into a series of sneezes. Weird!

But I was able to eat a crab cake and Portobello mushroom today with no issues and it was delish! Yum! I am guessing my tummy was just being a little tempremental.

~ Heather~

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?