Abdominal pain

doingitforme42
on 11/17/14 5:22 am

I had a horrible experience of right sided abdominal pain with intermittent nausea and eventually dry heaves that started about 20 minutes after eating some beans, mashed potatoes, and cottage cheese.  I'm 2 1/2 weeks postop RNY.  After 5 hours of this, I called my surgeon who advised me to go to ER (of course, I was out of town).  Basically CT and labs were ok.  Pain went away only after morphine and zofran (after almost 7 hours of this).  My dr says we may never know what happened.  Possible exploratory surgery if it happens again.  Anyone have anything similar happen or heard of it?  Just curious!  Thanks for your input!

SkinnyScientist
on 11/17/14 5:34 am

Did you eat too much too fast?

Did you chew the beans?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

doingitforme42
on 11/17/14 6:43 am

Ate 2-3T in 30-40 min.  Beans were mashed and chewed well.

doingitforme42
on 11/17/14 11:23 am

It was green beans I ate and had my gallbladder out 18 years ago.  

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/17/14 7:37 am

right side - sound like GB ....mine acted like that...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chilipepper
on 11/17/14 9:01 am

What kinds of beans. They could have caused you some gas and mashed potatoes have zero nutritional value. Try refried beans and melt a slice of cheese on it 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

HLen
on 11/17/14 11:07 am
RNY on 07/11/14

I had a similar experience.. So bad I wanted to almost die.  ER wasn't sure, but I was better after zofran, my surgeon and PCP said probably gall bladder attack.  I have not had one since. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Chilipepper
on 11/17/14 11:33 am

She doesn't have a gallbladder 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views