Thanksgiving Is Approaching, Whats On Your Menu???

andy M.
on 11/16/14 1:27 pm - fairfax, VA
with

Hello, everybody, this is going to be my 1st Thanksgiving since i had my bypass done (5/20/14) and Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday because of all the food we would have. So since I don't really think about food like I used to I never even gave thought to Thanksgiving and what am I going to have until I got a call from my Mom asking me what I wanted or could have for thanksgiving. So it got me curious for you experienced Weight Loss Patients who have already been through their first post op Thanksgiving. So lets hear it, what is everyone having, lets hear some ideas for us Thanksgiving "newbies" Thanks everyone! And if I dont get a chance to say it, everyone have a safe and loving holiday season! I know its gonna be harder on some more than others, but just remember to take it one day at a time, get your protein in and drink lots of liquids!

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/14 8:36 pm

I am making Thanksgiving this is the first time.My son and daughter will be home.I am going to make a turkey some low carb stuffing sugar-free cranberry sauce. Some veggies.I will  make mashed potatoes instant. I will make a sweet potato for me. 

I will have dessert for my family I will get something that will be gone in one sitting.A small desert. It is just going to be the four of us which I can't wait. It is so nice having everyone together. I am sure the kids will ditch us after dinner but that's okay.

I am sure Eggface has some good recipes check her out.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/16/14 8:46 pm

Turkey and Ham... After i eat that, there is no more room in my pouch...maybe a bite of green beans... If i really want to....after a couple of hours...take seconds of ham... Yum...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karenp8
on 11/16/14 10:09 pm - Brighton, IL

Turkey,spoonful of sugar free cranberry sauce,about 1/4 c green beans and one bite of homemade yeast roll(that I make just to take).

Gwen M.
on 11/17/14 1:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This is my first post-op Thanksgiving.  I'll be making the same things I always make, but in smaller quantities since I won't be able to gorge on leftovers like I have in the past.  I will be eating differently, though - I'll weigh out my 3 ounces of turkey (dark meat) and then just have a bite of the sides I want.  I also plan to eat solid meals for breakfast with my family instead of having a protein shake.  But that's my main concession to the holidays.  

Thursday
No Knead Bread (for eating)
Bread Machine White Bread (for stuffing)
High-Heat Roasted Turkey (We're getting another heritage turkey this year!)
Apple-Raisin Bread Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Cream Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes x2
Sweet Potato Casserole
Gravy
Pumpkin Bread
storebought vanilla ice cream
Molten Lava Cakes x1.5

Friday
Breakfast: Bundt Cake, eggs, grapefruit, sausage
Lunch: sandwich stuff
Dinner: chiliho****er cornbread

Saturday
Breakfast: croissants from local pastry chef, eggs with parsley and goat cheese, bacon
Dinner: Leftovers!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NYMom222
on 11/17/14 12:07 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am not really worried, I figure there is not that much room. Turkey and gravy is number one. A few bites of some kind of veggie. Cranberry sauce is easy to make, so I am going to try my hand at making a sugar free one. I am making an apple pie, trying to decide if I am going to make it added-sugar-free. Don't know if I should bother because I don't think I will eat it anyway. We will see. Planning #1 to enjoy family.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 11/17/14 12:22 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I eat mostly meat and a couple of bites of sides.  I ate two bites of pumpkin pie last year.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

andy M.
on 11/17/14 2:26 pm - fairfax, VA
with

Thank you everyone for sharing with me what your having for your thanksgiving meals.I guess I was thinking the same as you guys, i think i am going to fill up mostly on turkey and veggies. And save a little room for a spoonful of green bean casserole and a spoonful of baked corn casserole. Just to make sure I dont sit there and go back for second helping an hour or so later, were going shopping right after were done eating. lol and no i dont like shopping, but since its cold here i find the mall is one of my new favorite places to walk. My wife shops for hours and i walk the track of the mall. lol on a good Saturday I can walk between 5-8 miles in the mall while she shops. Anyways, everybody be safe this thanksgiving and have a good time with family and friends!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404