How do you know when you begin maintenance?

Beyl689
on 11/20/14 1:10 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

Also, did you gain a little weight when you began maintaining, kind of your body just leveling itself out with the weight?

indybuttercup
on 11/20/14 4:56 pm - Indianapolis, IN

I did level off for 3 years and floated with a 25 lb loss/gain. Dr said I had lost so much she thought it was my body leveling out. 25 Sounds like a lot but if I dont take a water pill 1 day it changes 15lbs. Years later I did loose another 107 lbs, pouch still going strong. I was 550 and am at 245 today, 6 foot. 7 Yrs later

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/20/14 9:33 pm, edited 11/20/14 9:33 pm

I was happy with my body when i reached app 160 lbs...but i  kept losing...i lost all the way to 142...i was skinny in a not a very flattering way for a 50 year young woman. Now i am back to 160's..and some off my wrinkles fill in nicely.  Size 6-8 botom, 10-12 top.... I'll take that ...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

GodsChildII
on 11/20/14 10:14 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

That's what I am afraid of I am 50 and don't want to lose so much that I look sick. My goal weight is 160/165 that is where I think that I will be most comfortable. But I had my three month post OP visit the other day and my nut thinks I will drop down much lower than that before I start to gain some back and level out ( I just don't want to look like I'm on drugs!)

SkinnyScientist
on 11/21/14 12:13 am

Maybe the '90s anoerxic, drugged out waif look will come back?

Then all of us that have "over shot" while preparing for the "rebound" weight will finally have a body that is IN!!!

:)

And if this seems stupidly sarcastic, that is because it was meant to be.  I play an airhead every once in awhile.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 11/21/14 12:21 am

How tall are you?  Also, what is your body fat percentage?

For example I am 17.7-20% body fat, I weigh 154 and I DO NOT LOOK SKINNY.  My face looks "hungry"/gaunt but we all have this.

My body looks average/normal and strong.

I do a lot of resistance workouts and I am not BIG but when I flex what looks soft unflexed, stands up. The trainer that did my body fat percentage was like "wow..you got some pythons there"  when I flex what looks like softness gets really defined.

My baby sis, wears a 6-8 just like me. She is about as tall as I am. But she doesnt weight train and she weighs 145. I think she looks a little bloated and puffy in her face and stomach (something I would NEVER say to her face..it would hurt her and fat shaming accomplishes **** so why do it? I want to encourage her in a positive way).  So I weigh 10 lbs more than her, but still wear the same size.

So I would get a body composition done before you settle on a final number. You will be "skinny" at a higher weight if you have more muscle, and not have a bloated/puffy look that non-muscle weight has.

Also, consider that exercise may help with loose skin. I only have a BIT in my thighs. My nut thinks it is because of the exercise and microcapillaries being formed from exercise. I cant find research to support or refute her hypothesis. But I really dont care, the issue is, I dont have hanging skin.

SkinnyScientist
on 11/21/14 12:23 am

Oh! One more thing.

I have PCOS and more testerone (sp) floating around in my body than the average lady.

I have not bulked up like a man. So if I havent, then you probably wont either (provided you have a normal hormone profile).

The trick is LIGHT weights for HIGH reps.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/21/14 1:47 am

Let your body go as low as you can (within normal BMI) - regain happens.. and losing regain is a ***** trust me...

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 11/21/14 12:09 am

Hey there!  Your "too skinny" weight is my personal (i.e. set by me) goal.   How tall are you if I may ask?

Also, I am at 154 and am wearing a 6-8 at 154. So I am a bit worried that I may be a 0-4 at 142 lbs.

Thanks for your HONEST post. It has given me a lot to think about in terms of what my "FINISHED" weight is.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/21/14 1:42 am

I am 5'4" but I do have a large frame. shoe size 10, large body frame...bigger boobs, shoulders.. and muscles... 

Accepting to have more "body" to be stronger and have less wrinkles took a bit if time... 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics