What's on Your Friday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 11/20/14 9:26 pm, edited 11/21/14 12:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  Since Anny is on the road, I'll kick things off for us!  Can I just get a virtual high-five from everybody that we made it to the weekend?  I have no plans and it's glorious.  Is anyone doing anything fun?  I'll live vicariously though you.  LOL

B:  coffee and Friendship To Go cottage cheese with 2TB of Polaner SF apricot + fiber jelly

L:  4 oz. shrimp with ****tail sauce

S:  Fiber Gourmet everything crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow

D:  roasted venison backstrap with Cumberland sauce and brussels sprouts.    

TOTALS:  Cals:  750  Protein:  82  Carbs:  73  Fat:  18  Fiber:  21

Discussion topic for the day:  What was the last movie you saw in the theater?  I don't get to the movies much, so when I do go, it's usually to see a kids movie with my son.  My last trip to the theater was to see The Lego Movie.  LMAO 

Have a great day peeps!

karenp8
on 11/20/14 10:01 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning AV and all! Another chilly day here in Illinois but supposed to be warming some this weekend. And yes we did make it to the weekend. I don't have any exciting plans as I am here by myself and my husband is STILL in New Orleans working. He will be home Wednesday for Thanksgiving and then go back next Sunday. My youngest will be home from college then too.,so this weekend I will be working on cleaning house I guess! The last movie I went to in the theatre was the second Harry Potter movie with my boys. My husband and I never go to the movies bu****ch lots of Redbox at home. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the plan for food: B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz tilapia Florentine with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S apple with peanut butter D31/2 oz turkey burger with cheese and 1/2 c cooked cabbage S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everybody as a good Friday and an enjoyable weekend!

Dcgirl
on 11/20/14 10:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, Angry Viking!  Thanks for starting off the post :)  I am just back from the gym - I woke up with a massively sore throat (wasn't I sick last month?!  UGH) but I made my butt go to my class and then did 40 minutes on the Arc Trainer after the 50 minute class.  So I feel accomplished.

Funny you ask about movies.  I never see movies.  Ever.  But a few weeks ago I watched Chef on OnDemand (with Sofia Vergara) and I loved it.  Then last weekend for the first time ever, I went to the movies by myself.  I saw St. Vincent with Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy (who I freaking love) and the movie was a really nice and poignant story.  I highly recommend it.  

Plans this weekend - Friendsgiving tomorrow, so I am doing another 2 hours at the gym to balance out the slightly higher carb count I am sure to have.  I won't overdo it, but I am having stuffing and I will likely have a glass or two of wine.  Tonight I have no plans and I kind of can't wait to have a date with my couch :)

Time Since Surgery: 11 months 1 week

B: Chike high protein coffee shake, 2 coffees with half and half

L: 2 tbsp light cream cheese, 2.5 oz lump crab, a sprinkle of Old Bay, on 34 degree rosemary crackers.  SO delicious!

D: I am torn - I have some grilled chicken strips in the fridge I "should" eat but I am not feeling them.  So we will see.

Nothing sounds all that good since I am getting sick.  So who knows.  

Hope you have a great weekend of chilling out!  Em

PS I love love love brussels sprouts but sometimes they wreak havoc on my pouch :(

hl1524
on 11/20/14 10:28 pm - Austin, TX

Good morning and happy Friday to all!!  I'm wanting to fast forward past winter - this cold stuff is not for me!  Thankfully it is supposed to be  70 degrees on Monday.  I never thought I'd be so excited for a Monday.  

B: premier

S: qwest bar

L: hamburger patty with cheese

S: kays jalapeno pretzels 

D: steak and a sweet potato

The last movie I saw in the theater was August: Osage County.  It's been a while since I've been to the movies.  

RNY 8/27/2014

mamata2
on 11/21/14 12:12 am

I am so jealous of your 70 degrees!  It might get up to 45 degrees on Sunday (HEAT WAVE).  Wisconsin sucks in the winter!

NYMom222
on 11/20/14 11:37 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning all. I had the Dinner last night to honor my Bariatric Surgeon. Tonight I have an Annual Dinner-Dance being hosted by the Bariatric Support group I belong to outside the Hospital- Long Island Post Operatives (LIPO)- So different than the Hospital group, they do a lot of activities together including at least 1 5K per month. So the Dinner for the Surgeon - It was an event Dinner- fancy place but not a wedding style for sure. For the Most part they did try to add a few things to make it Bariatric Friendly. They made sure you knew the Bar had unsweetened Ice Tea, the Appetizer table was an Antipasta bar- Meats, Cheese, Roasted Vegetables. I had Salmon which came with a veggie that had no sauce on it, the salmon did have some kind of sauce(a little, not swimming in it), there was also a Chicken, and Eggplant dishes. They served Salad. The dessert was lemon  sorbet served in a real 1/2 of a lemon rind shell. It maybe had about 2-3 TBSP of Sorbet in it. I ate about a tablespoon, it was very refreshing. I thought it was a good balance. There were a lot of Hospital people there too. The Surgeon's speech was so lovely. He talked for about 45 minutes... he is so humble though he could have spent the time talking about himself but instead he talked about how he believed this was a calling in his life, how he couldn't have done this without the support of his wife and family, and then praised all the different people and departments that support the program. Really lovely.

B: eggs, turkey bacon

S: Premier Protein

L: Chicken Salad, Celery

S: Kabocha Squash Soup

D: PARTY!!! :)

I was disappointed I was up a pound this morning after last night. I did not overeat or eat anything suspect. Oh well, Sodium I guess...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mamata2
on 11/21/14 12:11 am

Good morning, thank you AV for playing the part of Anny this morning!  No big plans for the weekend, my hubbie and son are off hunting so my daughter and I will have one of our girls weekends.  I love the alone time with her.  Lots of laughs and snuggling.  She is 9 so I know this won't last forever.  The last movie I saw in the theatre was Guardians of the Galaxy for my son's birthday.  I do plan to see Mockingjay Part 1 on Sunday night!  I'm a huge Hunger Games fan!

B:  Latte and beef jerky (forgot my Atkins bar on my kitchen table )

L:  White chicken chili

S:  Kind dark chocolate nuts & sea salt bar

D:  Most likely mac & cheese with the little girl 

S: Isopure RTD Apple Melon  

TOTALS:  Cals:  690  Protein:  62  Carbs:  65  Fat:  25 

Dodgergirl27
on 11/21/14 12:53 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Happy Friday Indeed!  I can't wait for this crazy chaotic week to be over!  I have nothing planned this weekend which is glorious and I plan on playing with my puppies and watching Netflix :)  I have a Sunday brunch with a bunch of friends that should be a lot of fun.  I'm only 3 lbs away from Onderland and I'm praying I magically drop it by the end of the weekend.  I'm trying not to eat too much salt or anything that might bloat me.  I know it's silly but seeing a 1 in front of my weight may make the actual heavens open up and sing to me :)  Enjoy your weekends everyone!

Time since surgery: 10 months

B - Some pistachio's (I was on the run this morning)

L - I think a work lunch at CPK, but I can usually find something decent there

D - Something light, I'm thinking a kale salad with chicken perhaps

W/V - Need to pick up my water

E - None planned, but I'd like to get some kickboxing in...although the siren song of Netflix may be too overpowering tonight :)  

Have a great weekend everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views