6 days until surgery. I did some cleaning today & had a revelation.

Zonechef
on 11/27/14 2:58 am, edited 11/27/14 3:02 am
RNY on 12/03/14

I was doing some cleaning in my apartment today to get things in shape before my surgery. I came across a bunch of old clothes that was in great condition. Some old stuff from like 20 years ago which i have long since outgrown,( like my favorite football team sweatshirt hoodie) as well as quite a bit of really sharp clothes that were gifts from my kids and friends, and way too small when I received them (I still don't understand how on earth they believed that I could fit into size XL or even Large when I was clearly at least 2X-3X). So when I came across them I thought for a moment "I really need to get rid of these, shame though because they are really nice." Then the lightning bolt struck "Hey, These are going to fit soon!" I just laundered them stored them for use in the hopefully near future. I'm gonna be stylin'!!

mschwab
on 11/27/14 3:33 am
RNY on 11/21/14

You'll be wearing them before you know it.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery, and wishing you fast healing.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Zonechef
on 11/27/14 4:12 am
RNY on 12/03/14
On November 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM Pacific Time, mschwab wrote:

You'll be wearing them before you know it.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery, and wishing you fast healing.

Thank you!!

HFA70
on 11/27/14 5:15 am

I remember seeing an outfit I hadn't worn in years and couldn't wait until I could fit into it.

When the time came and I was certain it would fit, it was too big :(

Enjoy your "new" clothes and be prepared for lots of shopping!

Dartmouth
on 11/27/14 5:43 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

About 4 months after surgery, I walked downstairs proudly wearing something I had not worn in almost 30 years....my daughter gave me a withering look and said....."1983?" 

"Yes" I said proudly!  ( and went upstairs and put it into the Good Will bag)...even I know big shoulder pads will never come back!

joan

Kimber_CH
on 11/27/14 8:04 pm - Switzerland
RNY on 08/27/14

oh you made me giggle. I think all my favourites that I stashed away are from the 80's too. I'll probably try them on again and then go shopping. 

wrussell3
on 11/27/14 5:51 am - NC

I also had quite a stash of old clothes that were new or had only been worn once.  I am glad I saved them!  Through my weight-loss period, I had the whole spectrum of sizes.  I wore almost every item on the way down to where I am now.  And then I gifted them to other friends or Goodwill.  What's sad is that I really liked some of those things that can't be found now.  But, alas, eventually, I had to go shopping. Keep the clothes!  It will save you a lot of money in the end.

SkinnyScientist
on 11/27/14 7:03 pm

Wonderful!!!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 465 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?