week 3 stall?? and help with purees?

mtnmamaof_4
on 12/1/14 3:01 am

Hi there,

I had my RNY on 11/10 and have been at the same weight for the last week.  I am journaling everything, averaging around 600 calories/day and getting plenty of water and protein.  I am a little frusterated, and am hoping that this ends soon, but wanted to check with folks who have more experience/knowledge than I do!

Also, I am struggling with purees/full liquids, what did you all do that was good for this phase?  I can tolerate 2oz of cottage cheese, and did pureed turkey over thanksgiving that was pretty good, but am finding that I can't get to my protein goals without adding protein powder to things (which tastes horrible).  I am also not a fan of the fake sugar taste of a lot of the protein mixes (for example, I think Unjury is GROSS, just too sweet/fake tasting). 

I hope that someone has some suggestions/advice, and I really appreciate it in advance!!!

bublegirl1
on 12/1/14 6:02 am
RNY on 11/10/14

I just wanted to say that I can appreciate what you're going through with the stall. I have been stalled for two weeks and I'm only three weeks out. So frustrating! As for the food if you tolerated the meat okay I would keep trying to Purée  meats as much as you can. Unfortunately early on it's so hard to meet protein goals without a shake. I have to have one shake a day. Have you tried the Premier protein ready to drink shakes from Costco? The chocolate ones aren't too bad. They are definitely better than the powdered. 

-Amie

Bubbles314
on 12/1/14 6:16 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi, I can't help with the stall.  People have said that you need to keep following your Dr's plan.  My stall was not until about week 5 or 6 I kept following the plan and I think I have finely broke free and am losing again.  Go to the magnify glass at the top right side of the page and type in 3 week stall to get more info.

Are you exercising?  that helps.

Puree stage I thought was wonderful I was so hungry for actual food.  My favorite is refried beans with a little light sour cream or cheese on top with taco sauce.  You can also eat yogurt, chili, soup, chicken salad, tuna salad, another was Panera soup, as long as you puree.  I would get on the web site for "theworldaccordingtoeggface" or "bariatricfoodie".  Eggface site has ideas to eat on each stage you go thru and recipe ideas to help.

I only like Syntrax Nectar protein shakes.  I do not like Unjury and the unflavored protein very well.  I do use the syntrax nectar unflavored protein and I only use a little at a time it doesn't change the food taste much and I find that it is ok.  Someone on this thread suggested putting a scoop on the counter and use a little at a time  with  food throughout the day to help keep the protein up so that is what i do.  Everyone tastes are different  so what I like you may not.

Good luck to you, I am not a Dr this is what has worked for me.  So if you have questions ask your Dr he and his staff can help too.

Grim_Traveller
on 12/1/14 6:35 am
RNY on 08/21/12

This is totally normal. There are posts on here every day about the dreaded three week stall. Stick to your plan, and everything will be fine.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 12/1/14 12:33 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Just keep doing what you are supposed to do. It will break eventually. My first one started after 1 week and lasted 3 1/2 weeks. Hopefully it won't be that long, but even if it is it will pass.... there is no 'figuring it out' they just happen.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mtnmamaof_4
on 12/1/14 9:09 pm

Thansk for the support!  I will keep doing daily weights just so they map to trendweight over time and try not to worry about it.  I know in my rational mind that there is no way I can not continue to lose weight with what I am currently doing, but it is just frusterating to have gone through everything and to not be losing weight!! 

I will def keep going with the pureed meets, seems to be doing OK, was thinking of getting some ground turkey/chicken to puree after cooking too, but will also go to those websites for additional ideas!

Need to walk more, that is fo' sho!  :)  But am working on it. . .

We don't have a Costco here in the wilds of WV, but I think there is one not to far away in PA, so will maybe venture there to check it out this weekend. . .any other thoughts for tolerable protein shakes, esp RTD that I can have at work?

TIA!!

joansch
on 12/1/14 11:44 pm

I like the Pure Protein RTD shakes - chocolate. You can get them at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, and some grocery stores.

For pureed food, I made a small batch of crab salad (can't stand tuna) and pureed that. I also cooked some ground beef, pureed it, and melted cheese on top. Instant cheeseburger! Another suggestion is Stouffers frozen spinach souffle.

Hang in there -- it gets better, and easier.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

Tracywaites
on 9/28/19 11:17 am

The chocolate premier protein is all I can tolerate in protein powders! I found it for 20.00 at the local grocery store! It's easy to blow 20.00 because I did it all the time at McDonald's so I invested and really like it. I'm on a two week stall and it's frustrating I don't understand but I'll keep pushing. I wish you the very best

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics