Ok tell me again that early stalls are normal!

bublegirl1
on 12/1/14 5:59 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Geez I'm so frustrated! I keep reminding myself of everything you guys keep telling me about how stalls are normal even early out. But man I have been stalled since after my first week. So now I have been within the same half a pound for two weeks and I'm so ready for it to budge already!

Little off-topic, if you get an old sir I'm guessing it's pretty severe pain? Sometimes I get some burning sensation in the middle of my gut but it's not horribly intense. I'm on soft foods now and eat soft meats and that sort of thing. And I had a small serving of homemade chili relleno casserole last night and was ok. Are leftovers for lunch and got a little burning. But I am using Prevacid still since my surgeon said to use it for the first month so I'm guessing maybe just certain foods give me that feeling I don't know. 

-Amie

Grim_Traveller
on 12/1/14 6:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Stick to your plan, and the stall will pass. Lots of folks think they have magic answers for breaking stalls, but it's all a bunch of malarkey. Stick to your plan, and you will do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dartmouth
on 12/1/14 6:58 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I know it is so discouraging....3 weeks out I had a 6 week stall....sooooo upsetting but as everyone says...stick to plan...it does work( now 7 months out and 72 lbs down and I am a very slow looser......)

It will happen!

Chilipepper
on 12/1/14 10:54 am

If you eat carbs you will stop losing. Soft foods are like soft scrambled eggs and refried beans.  Do the numbers on the casserole and see how they break down.  I lose 1 week a month and it takes 3 weeks to catch up.  Watch what you are eating and you will be fine 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bublegirl1
on 12/1/14 11:04 am
RNY on 11/10/14

My carbs are typically under 40 a day and my protein is usually between 70 and 90 g a day. My calories are anywhere from 7 to 900 I guess. My doctor told me to basically try any food I wanted to because the top of my stomach was not touched so I still have the same restriction going down as I did with the sleeve. I always eat protein forward. I haven't been eating any cream of wheat or anything like that. 

-Amie

Chilipepper
on 12/1/14 11:46 am

That's my girl. No cream of wheat or Farina or Malt O Meal. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

bublegirl1
on 12/1/14 11:53 am
RNY on 11/10/14

Lol thanks :)

-Amie

Focal
on 12/1/14 11:56 am - Peterborough, Canada

I am six weeks out now.  I stalled the second week and didn't loose anything for ten days.  It was frustrating but it does go away.  I am into another stall now.  Been hovering around the same weight now for about 4 days now.  That being said I am down 52lbs since I started. 

My centre told us to focus on protien forward meals and try to hit the goal of 60-90 grams a day.  

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

brandnewself85
on 12/1/14 12:15 pm
VSG on 07/17/14

Sorry for being off topic, can u please tell me why did u have a revision surgery from sleeve to RNY?

HW and SW 281 lbs GOAL 145 lbs

bublegirl1
on 12/1/14 12:46 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Well the short story is that I have been obese since I was a small child. I have never been a normal weight and I have no idea what it feels like to get there. I lost almost 80 pounds with the sleeve but never got a goal. And the restriction wasn't as tight obviously overtime and I do have personal blame for allowing more carbs back into my diet. I regained half the weight but kept the other half off for over two years. My surgeon and I felt that if I was going to try again that this surgery with the Malabsorption you get in the beginning will help me to get to goal this time. I know I have to have personal accountable to get and stay there. Just hoping this will help me more than restriction alone did. 

-Amie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 27 views