Increase in pain 10 days PO

Lady_bugg
on 11/28/14 3:07 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

What could be the cause of increased pain after 10 days since surgery? I was doing well managing it with just regular strength Tylenol every 6 hours, but tonight had to take the stronger pain meds I was on the first few days home. 

I have spent the day in bed today due to some excessive menstrual bleeding caused by the Lovenox injections. Sorry if that is TMI. The doctor had me stop the injections today. But I took it easy today to try to slow down the bleeding and because I was just uncomfortable. But this evening the pain was bad. It was hard for me to walk up and down the stairs. 

Any ideas? Similar experiences?

NYMom222
on 11/29/14 3:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I do remember having some increased pain a week or so out. Honestly I think it was from doing too much because I felt so well. With menstrual things going on and stuff that for sure could be contributing. take it easy, just make sure you get up and walk periodically. No blood clots! Feel better.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/29/14 5:03 am - OH

If you are still having the increased pain, you should contact your surgeon. Sometimes people overdo it or aggravate a stitched area, but if it is still happening, you should talk with a medical professional about it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lady_bugg
on 11/29/14 8:24 am
RNY on 11/18/14

Thank you both for responding. 

I spoke to the on call doc today. He told me to take the hydrocodone at a higher dose every 4 hours and if I don't have improvement in 24 hours to call back. They might want me back in the hospital. He said that it sounds like normal pain from healing of the surgical site. 

Feeling frustrated and scared. The hydrocodone doesn't really take away the pain, just makes me feel high. Still able to drink my protein shakes just fine so at least I have that going for me. 

Poodlemac
on 11/29/14 9:14 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I had some pain about 7-10 days out. Not horrible, but enough to scare me and startle me when it hit. My doc said it was normal from one of the incisions- I guess the right side one tends to hurt. All better now.. Hope you feel better soon!  Mine lasted a couple of weeks, I guess. 

Lady_bugg
on 11/30/14 10:06 am
RNY on 11/18/14

Went to the ER last night. They did a CT scan. Nothing major on the scan so they think I pulled a muscle in my abdomen. Now on a muscle relaxer in addition to the pain meds. Also using ice packs which has helped a lot. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics