One year post op (with pics) and Loving Life!

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/14 3:13 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi everyone,

One year post op, had my RNY on November 15, 2013.  BEST DECISION EVER!  I honestly can't begin to list the positives because there are just too many to list.  I am living the life I always wanted and feel like "me" again. I am beyond happy and would do this all over again in a heart beat.  I follow all my centre's rules to the letter and look forward to the rest of my life as a healthy woman.  

I didn't bounce back from surgery like a lot of people, it took me a good three months to feel "normal again", to find my groove and not be constantly tired all the time.  But I did it, this was my last chance at getting healthy and dammit I was not going to let anything stop me!

My highest weight was 244 lbs, I now weigh 112 lbs and I am 5'5".  My weight loss has pretty much stopped, I go up and down a pound or two every few weeks but my body seems to like between 112 - 115 lbs.  

Personally for me, keys to my success:

- Following my Centre/Surgeon's rules

- Eating protein first and tons of water (80-100 oz daily)

- Avoiding the carb monster (and trust me the Monster has tried to be my friend again) LOL LOL

- Taking my vitamins daily (no excuses whatsoever)

- Exercising daily!!! I joined a gym, I do all kinds of classes (Step, Boot Camp, Muscle Pump) took up jogging, and hike with my dogs daily (they have lost a few pounds too, now that they get exercise daily)

- I never drink with my meal, I usually wait at minimum 30 minutes usually closer to 45 minutes because I am still full

- I log everything that goes into my mouth, even if its a high carb day, or some kind of sweet treat because that keeps me honest and I am only cheating me if I am not upfront with myself.  For me there is no "tomorrow" or "do over" this is it and I am going to be successful

I attribute a lot of my success to my virtual OH friends. In the beginning I logged on to OH daily, I kind of was addicted to it (ha ha ha) trying to learn, read and soak up all the Vets advice.  The "what are you eating today thread" was a life saver and I love those ladies for keeping it going.

With my new found confidence and self pride I love to go out.  My social calendar is booked well into the New Year.  The old me would hide at home in PJs and ate myself into oblivion because I didn't want anyone to see my fat self.  Now I have a full social life and I am loving it.

My husband has been my biggest supporter and I could not have done this with out his love, support, guidance and patience.

Wishing you all pre & post ops the best of luck.  You can do it.  

All the best, Daisy

p.s did up a little montage of pic's of me pre & post - hope they turn out and you can see them 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dcgirl
on 12/1/14 3:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

HOLY CRAP, Daisy!  You have NO idea how happy this post makes me!  First of all, congratulations on your amazing success.  You look amazing and i can tell you feel amazing.  I am so blown away by how tiny you are!!!  I have wondered where you went off to - it was like you did your two week trip to New England and never reappeared.  So let me just say I am so glad you are back on here and most importantly, feeling awesome.  We all know how much work this requires (I hear ya on the Carb Monster) so good for you for following your plan and making good decisions!  My success pretty much reads exactly like yours - logging, logging, logging!  Again, congratulations and thanks for making my day!!!  XOXO

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/14 10:17 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Em for your kind words.  Maybe you don't know it because I didn't tell you enough but you are my inspiration.  Tall, blond, sexy, gorgeous and such a kind and beautiful heart. In my early days you helped me so much.  My Martha's Vineyard trip was amazing, will email you off line about it, a must go.  I got back from my trip and was just never near my computer to login.  Just busy living life.  And yes you are a huge success and I know a lot of people look up to you here on OH. Keep up the great work!! Big Hugs, Daze XOXOXOXOXOXO

Dcgirl
on 12/1/14 9:56 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Daze you are TOO kind and wow do you see me differently than I see myself lol!  You are too sweet.  I am glad that you never reappeared because life got too busy and fun!  I mean, I want you to stay around but if there is a reason to be absent, that's an awesome one!  Please don't be a stranger and yes, tell me how the trip was!  XOXO

karenp8
on 12/1/14 3:49 am - Brighton, IL

You look amazing Daisy! Congratulations on your success and thanks for the update too! Don't be such a stranger!

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/14 10:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Karen!  I will definitely make an effort to login more and touch base with all you ladies 

Judi2
on 12/1/14 3:56 am
RNY on 12/08/14

You look fabulous! I can't wait to start my road to healthy.

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/14 10:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you Judi, and best of luck on your journey!  You can do it!!

iloveravens
on 12/1/14 4:17 am
RNY on 08/13/14

You look fantastic!!!  Congratulations on your success. 

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Daisydoo02
on 12/1/14 10:20 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thank you iloveravens!  The year flew by and I am feeling great!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics