Gastric Bypass Scheduled in 4 days - HELP - my story

fatmackn
on 12/1/14 1:25 pm - Adelaide, Australia

Good luck with the surgery and it sounds like u have good insight into these issues. You need to take up a hobby that replaces food so every time your emotional u don't seek food out of boredom. Roux-n-y is no a magic bullet, it's not very malabosorbtive and the pouch can be stretched with overeating

You don't want to end up like this lady *****fused to fix her addiction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2543943/I-gastric-bypass-surgery-I-GAINED-5lbs-Morbidly-obese-mother-fails-lose-weight-live-saving-operation.html

Zonechef
on 12/1/14 6:00 pm, edited 12/1/14 6:23 pm
RNY on 12/03/14

I wish you all the best on your surgery. You are definitely asking all the right questions and the reply's you have received have been spot on. I was very glad see that you have gotten another therapist. That is so important. Post-op depression is very real and can hit you like a tidal wave. I experienced this after a major surgery I had in 2002 to the point that I was - (well you know the symptoms so I won't go into all that). I then went to see a therapist (Susan) who was a godsend. She allowed me to open up and got me working on really good coping mechanisms and consulted with my doctor to help find the right medications to help, which it did. IMHO it's very important to not cancel your therapy appts. in the New Year (which may be tempting to do****il then reach out to us for support any time; we are here for each other.I'm sorry to hear that you struggled with your OptiSlim diet, but that doesn't mean you "Suck"as you wrote but it means that you are human. You know the saying about falling off the horse, you need to get back on, and you have the inner strength to do that. That's demonstrated by the fact that you are just a few days from having the RNY after having the lap-band 6 years ago. That alone shows real courage and strength. I have a lot of faith in you as I am sure many others on this board do.  I have my RNY surgery tomorrow. We both are going to do great!!

carimiller9173
on 12/1/14 11:23 pm - Wilmington, DE

Good day!!

Can't give anymore advice then what has been given so I am sending HUGE CYBER HUGS your way for a surgery that goes well and has you feeling better quickly.

Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

plumeriastar
on 12/3/14 9:43 pm - CA

I can't thank everyone enough for their advice, comments and genuine warmth and encouragement. I know this will be a slow battle fought for me but it is one I intend to win starting with the surgery tomorrow. I have a follow up with my dietician in a week or so after that and will see the psychologist in the new year and also either join a bariatric support group or if there isn't a local one I may start one myself.

ill respond directly to a few folks in a couple of days when I'm on the mend but have to hit the hay now as I have to be at the hospital by 7:30am as I'm apparently first cab off the rank. Gah

Zonechef I hope your op went great!

plumeriastar
on 12/5/14 9:01 pm - CA

Well guys It's evenig two after surgery.  Still in ICU but hoping to go two the ward tomorrow which will mean a quieter environment -yay. I'm in for 7 days bc although they did most via keyhole in a nutshell dr realized they had adhered to wrong part of intestine/bowels (2nd intestine instead of third or something like that - forgive my current drug stupor lol).

So unfortunately it's  part keyhole part open.  But the post recovery pain isnt too bad thus far with a FentanYl pain. Pump. Just difficulty sleeping beyond 15 minUte bursts and chronic itchiness but they are trying to alleviate that.  So at this stAge I'm over the rAinbow!

in the recliner for a good five hours today but no walking yet probably bc I was on the table for 7 Hrs yesterday. Hoping tomorrow instead! :o)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics