Surgery Tomorrow!!

clr055
on 12/1/14 3:09 am - Lewisville, ID

Tomorrow at 5 a.m. is my check in time!! Am a little bundle of emotions right now. So happy to FINALLY be here, so scared to have my first surgery and what complications could arise and the pain afterwards. Huge fear of something happening and them not doing the surgery and waking up to be told tough luck. I appreciate being able to learn so much from all of you though, this forum is the best!

karenp8
on 12/1/14 3:45 am - Brighton, IL

I think most of us were nervous over the unknowns. Just know that most likely it will be so much better than you could even imagine. If you had told me before surgery that I would be sitting here strong and healthy wearing a size XS shirt today I would have laughed. But I am! Praying for a speedy recovery and an amazing journey for you!

iloveravens
on 12/1/14 4:18 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Best of luck tomorrow!!  

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Weightoffmymind
on 12/1/14 5:37 am
RNY on 12/08/14

This is my first posting on this forum (or anywhere on OH), and your message touched me.  I am scheduled to have a RNY next Monday (the 8th) at 5 a.m., and I'm a bundle of emotions too.  All the "what if" questions and second guessing yourself may be something of what you are feeling, and it helps me to know that's what a lot of people have experienced.  While I don't have any advice, I'll just send this out into the universe in hopes that it helps to calm your fears tonight,  May you be blessed with peace and a strength yet unknown.  I hope for you all the things I hope for myself - and for everyone who makes this difficult and life-changing decision - that the good will ultimately outweigh the bad, that the bravery needed to take this step is rewarded by a healthier life, and that you become the best person you can be.  Blessings on your surgery!

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/1/14 7:46 am

You will do great.  Praying for you.  Big hugs!! 

knolmom
on 12/1/14 8:25 am

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I follow you to the looser's bench on Wednesday. I thought I would be far more nervous than I am. I am older than most WLS candidates and have both cardio and pulmonary issues. Seven years ago to the date( Dec3, 2007) I had a horrendous work accident and broke my leg so severely that it took two surgeries to straighten it out and it has never been fixed. I had no warning with the first surgery and no choice with the second which was 2 weeks later. I had pulmonary and cardiac issues at that time too. I actually had pneumonia on the day of the fall and then went to the second surgery directly from CCU. I survived just fine. Why should it be any different this time, when I have followed my diet, consulted with my surgeon and put myself in the best possible condition to do this.

you will be fine.. Me too!

Monkeygrl14
on 12/1/14 9:29 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

Good luck! It is ok to be nervous, I cried the whole time they were prepping me because I was so terrified of the unknown. You will be fine, complications can occur but you will get through them. I couldn't pee for four days and had to stay extra in the hospital and my magnesium and potassium went low. I cried and cried because it wasn't how I had pictured it in my head. I was pissed that I wasn't a Victoria's Secret swimsuit model when I woke up! Take things slowly and breathe! You will look back on all this and think, I truly am a strong person! Again, best wishes and see you soon on the loser's bench,

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?