No No's and Shopping list help !

Mybratboys3
on 12/7/14 8:52 am

what are some absolute NO NO's when it comes to eating after RNY ?  Can someone help me make a shopping list for the first and second weeks after?? 

Sherrie P.
on 12/7/14 9:26 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I am sure most people will say, "what does your doctor's plan say?"  You should be given eating instructions and we would recommend sticking to those. Many of us were on liquids for weeks, while others were sent home on "real" food from the hospital. You have trusted your surgeon to operate - trust them to guide your eating.  That being said... this is MY personal plan/opinion.

Someone once said on here - "Would you eat that in front of your doctor?" if the answer is no - then don't do it.

I was on liquids for three weeks post op, so this was my list of foods:

Protein shakes. I hated them. All of them. These three weeks were the WORST for me. I choked down Jay Robb and Unjury Chocolate Splendor. Once the three weeks were over, shakes were a thing of the past for me.

Soup.  Not cream soup. I loved won ton soup - just the broth.

Sugar free Popsicles. I lived on these things.

Powerade Zero.

Sugar Free Jello.

That's about all I ate for three weeks.  For ME...anything else was a no-no.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

cspotrun
on 12/7/14 10:26 am
RNY on 07/01/14

once you are on soft foods....cottage chess, ricotta cheese, refried beans, light greek yogurt.

Karen   

NYMom222
on 12/7/14 12:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Every doc is different. By 3 weeks I was starting to eat food like chicken (chopped finely)etc. I am still drinking protein shakes, and my doc wants you to have one a day while losing weight. Don't overstock on the protein shakes because your tastes will change. I had my surgery on a Wednesday, went home on Friday with clear liquids and protein shakes. Had first post-op visit Monday and could add cottage cheese, cream of wheat, SF pudding, creamed soups, yogurt. I would stir unflavored protein powder in some of those things. SF popsicles were a life saver. Cold and refreshing. My favorite unflavored Protein powder is Genepro, you can buy it on Amazon. It isn't cheap, but it is well worth it. 1 TBSPS = 30g protein. Volume -wise that is way less than most protein powders so it makes it much easier to blend in, especially when you are eating such a small quantity in the beginning. It also can mixed directly into hot or cold liquids. Good Luck!.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Mybratboys3
on 12/7/14 10:06 pm

Great information ! Thanks

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?