3 weeks and starting 4th week preop tomorrow..... Is something wrong with me?

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/7/14 8:36 am

I still cant hardly eat anything.  I am getting sick probably every other day.  I have gotten sick on refried beans, tuna, eggs and peanut butter.  I just don't know what to do anymore.... I am very discouraged about this..... I don't feel like I am getting enough calories or nutrition.  I am to the point now I don't want to eat or drink anything because I am tired of being sick.  I cant keep dealing with this. It has to be better..... It just has to.... I am a very positive outgoing person and I have been down in the pits every since surgery because I just feel awful. The protein shakes are starting to make me gag when I drink them.  And there is absolutely nothing I want to eat or drink excep****er.  I am to the point I wish I would have just lost the weight on my own.... Now there is no going back and I don't want to feel miserable like this off and on my whole life.  You cant enjoy it being skinny if you are sick all the time. 

Yes I have talked to the dr and Yes I eat very small bites and chew till it is dissolved almost.......

The saddest part of all of it is my family and friends are to the point they are saying I wish you wouldn't have gotten this surgery.  I told you it wasn't going to be a good idea.....

I am so grouchy with my girls that I am apologizing all the time for being grouchy.  And I cry when I get real sick because I just am so very emotional about it all.  I am not one to ever be sick so being sick almost every day is just not working well for me.

I apologize up front if I seem negative.... But I feel this is really my only place to vent without feeling even worse talking to others about it all.

I haven't cooked for them as much as I should because my senses are all messed up.  When I smell food I get real nauseous so you can see why cooking would be hard for me.  But I have tried to cook more for them lately because I feel so bad for them eating quick things a lot lately.

I cant even spend time with them like I used to because I am weak and tired.  I get one good hour or two a day that I try to get caught up on things at the house and try to do a little something with them.  But I don't have the energy to do much.  I do try to walk with my 10 year old when I can because she loves to ride her bike.  But so far I cant manage to walk all that much. 

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/7/14 8:53 am

Eat or drink besides water...

CHELLEYGIRL
on 12/7/14 9:45 am - PALMDALE, CA

I am sorry youre going through this. I dont know if you have tried cottage cheese?? Maybe that will go down and stay down for you? I hope things get better and you get back to feeling better.

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

cspotrun
on 12/7/14 10:33 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Greek yogurt?  Just keep trying a variety of things (in very small amounts) within your plan until you find some things that agree with you.

Karen   

NYMom222
on 12/7/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

The first couple of months are a roller coaster for everyone, emotionally and physically. You do seem to be having a harder time than most, but try and take it one moment at a time. Negative self-talk of "I shouldn't have done this" isn't really going to help. Look forward, not back. Don't worry about the walking, just do the best you can. I went through a period about 5 weeks out where every protein drink was making me gag. At a support group someone mentioned a coffee flavored one called Fit Frappe. Like a frappachino when mixed in blender. That helped me for awhile. Now some of the ones I hated, I can have again. Keep trying different types. Are you going to support groups? They can be really helpful to feel like you are not alone...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

christytea1950
on 12/7/14 4:31 pm

Where do one get the Fit Flappe? I havce my operation on the 12th of Jan 2015 and am getting ready.

NYMom222
on 1/4/15 7:10 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Sorry just saw this. I buy it locally at Stop n Shop grocery store. You can buy it online too. I've tried Chike as well, which is good, but I like this better. Some Sam's Clubs sell it.

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

christytea1950
on 1/5/15 6:45 pm

Amazon has it.. was told to wait as I mite not like certain protein drinks. I got 6 days.. and am scared now from reading all these posts. And my Dr said to come here as I will get help or can get questions answered. Happy New Years all!!

Browneyedgirl33
on 1/6/15 12:30 am

Don't be scared. ;-) I sstill have some eating issues but I feel better as time goes on. I'm at 8 weeks this week. Wish I could eat more things but other then that I feel a lot better just have to drink a lot of protein shakes because not much food agrees w me. They say it will get better in time w that as well

NYMom222
on 1/7/15 7:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

It is true...but I think you go in cycles. Your taste comes back. Ones i couldn't stomach at 5 weeks I drink regularly now.

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 163 views