D.....E.....N....I.....E.....D

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 12:56 pm

Yes I had everything done. So IBS paid 100% of all f that stuff then tells me no. What a waste of money that is too

Han Shot First
on 12/12/14 5:59 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Wow, that really sucks.  I hope others can give you some good advice about appealing.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Chilipepper
on 12/12/14 6:32 am

Your doctors office should be working on the appeal based on your comorbidities.  Make sure they are working on it.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

mschwab
on 12/12/14 7:25 am
RNY on 11/21/14

When you get the denial letter, there will be instructions in it about appealing the decision.  You can also call the insurance company and ask what you need to do.  State laws regarding appeal rights are all different, and appeal rights also vary within a state by product/policy.  The only way to know for sure is to call.  Don't expect your surgeon to know all of the rules.  You need to take charge.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Chilipepper
on 12/12/14 7:56 am

All doctors have someone on staff well versed in how to do the appeal.  Most get denied on their first go around. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Jen-2
on 12/12/14 10:04 am
DS on 02/02/15

What evidence did your doctor submit to your insurance company to show length of time at a high BMI? I worry about this issue as well and would like to be prepared. Thanks. 

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 10:07 am

Medical records for the last 6 yrs

LISAFREE
on 12/12/14 1:38 pm

I am so afraid that mine will be denied.  My BMI dropped below 40 after working with the dietician.  They sent my clinical info in to BC/BS today.  I hope that you win your appeal.  Let us know!

Lisa

Lisa

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?