HUNGER IS WEIRD!

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/14 9:29 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

I've been noticing lately that I've been waking up feeling very full in the mornings. I feel like I could not eat until noon and be fine (I don't wait of course. I do eat breakfast). I can rarely finish breakfast or lunch but am usually pretty hungry at dinner. Dinner time has always been the time when I've had the most cravings. I was a total after dinner snacker and I'm starting to struggle with keeping control of those urges after three months. I had gotten lax about measuring servings at dinner and was just serving on my child's size plate. I started measuring again yesterday and plan to continue. It really does get trickier as you progress!

NYMom222
on 12/12/14 11:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes hunger is weird. I rarely feel hunger in the AM. I usually have a protein shake for breakfast as I find once I eat solid food it's hard to get my liquids in. I think it's important to measure whenever you can to make sure you are getting enough protein. I don't know if you plan your menu ahead but maybe plan a snack for the evening. That's better than getting in a bad mindset of "I'm cheating"  M-F they have the posts - what are you eating today?- you should check them out. Good ideas. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/14 4:49 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Thanks!

karenp8
on 12/13/14 6:22 am - Brighton, IL

The advice about planning a bedtime snack is a great idea. It's what I have done all along. That way I can enjoy something but it is accounted for in my calories for the day.

bublegirl1
on 12/13/14 12:40 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

This is the first week I have really struggled with good eating decisions. It's also the first period I've had since surgery. And I always get super hungry feeling around that time. Guess I still do. I have messed up a couple times but still track everything I eat and just get back on track next meal. I try not to beat myself up like I did in the past. 

-Amie

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/14 2:10 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

That's my goal as well. Good luck to you!

bublegirl1
on 12/13/14 2:19 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

Thank you! Same to you!

-Amie

Han Shot First
on 12/13/14 11:08 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

My hunger has always worked the way your's is.  I never want to eat in the morning, and even lunch is not a big deal.  Then, it's the dinner an after time.  I'm also an after-dinner snacker, and it's really the only struggle that I have.  I think your post comes at a really good time for me, to try and keep me on track.  Thanks!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/14/14 7:13 pm, edited 12/14/14 7:13 pm

I have always hard time in the morning. I am not hungry, and after close to 7 years post op I gave up.  I don't eat breakfast.  I start eating around noon or after. That depends how late I ate the night before. 

Nowthey call that "IF" intermittent fasting.   At least it is my excuse ....lol

But in reality, if I try to eat earlier, I often deal with nausea, or and pain... My guts need a break. For me that break needs to be 12-14 hours. My guts works best with that (I deal with IBS-C- constipation type).

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 255 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics