What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 12/10/14 8:14 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning my OH lovelies! I'm up and at 'em early this morning for a staff meeting, so I wanted to get the post going before I'm off and running.

Last evening I baked some cookies and discovered an excellent tip - if you're going to bake something and you know you'll be tempted - pick a flavor you don't like! I wanted to bake cookies (this might be related to Mr. Ikea ), so I decided to make ones with raisins, which I hate! Now, I did eat a tiny bit dough (oh how I love you cookie dough), but the baked cookies have so many raisins in them, there's no avoiding it and therefore I will not eat them. Perfect.

And speaking of good tips - another great article came across my Facebook Feed this morning, How 8 Philly Fitness Pros Stay on Track During the Holiday Season. Even if you're not big on working out - the article offers some good tips and insight on dealing with the holiday temptation to overindulge. Overarching themse include getting right back to good habits after you make a less than stellar choice and planning, planning, planning. I think you might take some good ideas from it.

Time since surgery: 8.5 months

B: Overnight oats

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: busting out my bento for the first time in ages - deli ham, Babybel, sweetened ricotta (two cheeses at lunch?!)

S: string cheese and pepperoni (zapped in the microwave for 30 seconds to make it crispy)

......this is where uncertainty unfolds

TOTALS (without dinner): Calories 674, Protein 51, Carbs 46, Fat 35

V/W: about to get it rolling

E: official rest day

I'm babysitting my nieces tonight AND Mr. Ikea is coming to hang out with me there, so dinner is a little up in the air. I've always got my emergency, purse Quest bar just in case - but I'm thinking part of a Chipotle Burrito Bowl.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AZPatty
on 12/10/14 8:38 pm
RNY on 02/25/14

Good Morning.  Anny great idea about making cookies that you don't like.  I will be doing some baking this weekend for my daughter and her friends.  This really scares me because lately my diet has been as tight as it normally is.  I am going to stick with making her 3 favorite cookies/candies and have her package them up to give to her friends by Monday so they are out of our house. 

We had our Christmas pot luck yesterday at work and I did well during the meal.  The problem was after the meal.  When I got home I just kept eating a bunch of crap!  I kept waking up all last night disgusted that I went so off track yesterday.  Today will be a better day! 

B:  premier protein, tea

S:  Greek yogurt

L:  taco bowl and beans

S:  WW string cheese and deli ham

D:  tilapia and green beans

S:  apple and pb2

No exercise tonight because I have to come home and clean my house!

Have a great day everyone.

mamata2
on 12/10/14 10:17 pm

Great idea only making her favorites and then giving them ALL away!

mamata2
on 12/10/14 10:17 pm

It was OH baking night last night!  I made assorted truffles (Nutella and hazelnut, Bailey's Irish Cream/Dark Chocolate and Iced Animal Cracker/White Chocolate) for our work Holiday potluck and going away party.  I did eat some white chocolate pretzels, which I totally didn't need.  Yesterday I was a never ending pit of hunger.  I am attributing it to having only coffee for breakfast, I won't do that again.  I was over 1300 calories for the day, the weird thing is that I actually lost weight when I stepped on the scale this morning.  WTH?

Time since surgery: 5 months

B: Latte and PB Think Thin Bar

L: Potluck, I will eat the BBQ without a bun and some cheese

S: Kind Bar

D: Black bean noodles and marinara sauce

S: Smart Pop Kettle Corn

TOTALS: Calories 1055, Protein 74, Carbs 116, Fat 41

V/W: started

E: 24 mile bike ride followed by a 20 min run (1/2 IRONMAN training is underway!)

AngryViking
on 12/10/14 10:20 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  Today's commute was only twice as long as usual instead of 3x, so I'm counting that as a victory!  The real problem was excavating my car and getting out of the driveway; there's an easy 2 feet of snow at Casa Viking.

So, Thursday is my weigh-in morning and I posted a 4lb gain this week.  WTF, scale?  Last week's loss was 4lbs, so I'm where I was on Thanksgiving.  I did start my period yesterday so I'm blaming it on that, but still.  Also, I had several weeks in a row of pretty significant losses, so I knew the train had to stop and refuel at some point.  Anyhoo, I'm taking this little bump as an opportunity to look hard at my food (and exercise) choices, make sure I'm getting all my fluids (I struggle with this) and push forward.  Onward!!

Time since surgery:  almost 5 months

B:  coffee and a Light & Fit Greek caramel apple pie

S:  Fiber One caramel nut protein bar

L:  2oz. deli chicken (I actually weighed this on my scale this morning; I was seriously underestimating before), slice of Havarti, Fiber Gourmet everything crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow

D:  Mediterranean chickpea burger with an over easy egg on top and some salsa

S:  Breakstone strawberry cottage double

TOTALS:  Cals:  825  Protein:  64  Carbs:  78  Fat:  36

Have a great day my friends!

LISER617
on 12/10/14 10:36 pm - MA
RNY on 08/01/14
Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar
Dannon - Light & Fit - Greek Yogurt - Caramel Macchiato, 1 container 80 9 0 12 7  
Foxy - Chia Seeds, 1 Tbsp 53 5 3 2 0  
Natural Raw Sliced Almonds - 1 Tbsp, 2 tbsp 40 6 15 6 1  
  173 20 18 20 8  
Mid Morning Snack
Dunkin Donuts - Large Ice Coffee With Skim Milk & Splenda, 32 oz 50 10 0 3 3  
Frigo Cheese Heads - Mozzerella Stick, Light, 1 stick 50 1 3 7 0  
  100 11 3 10 3  
Lunch
Atkins Advantage - Milk Chocolate Delight Shake (Atkins Net Carbs), 11 ounces (325ml) 160 2 9 15 1  
  160 2 9 15 1  
Mid Afternoon Snack
Cuties - Clementines, 1 clementine (74 g) 35 9 0 1 7  
35 9 0 1 7  
Dinner
Meat - Grilled Chicken Breast, 3 oz 106 0 2 21 0  
Brussel Sprouts - Roasted, 2 ounces 55 5 4 2 1  
Fresh Produce - Oriental Yam (Japanese Sweet Potato), 0.25 Yam (Approximately 145 grams) 30 7 0 1 0  
  191 12 6 24 1  
Late Night Snack

Totals 659 54 36 70 20

Here is my menu from yesterday. I love this thread and have been stalking for a while so i would love to join in. Only problem is im not much of a planner for dinner. So im going to share the previous days menu.

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

Gypsyqueen5
on 12/11/14 1:07 pm - Seattle, WA

Hi do you out chia seeds in your yogurt?

SeattleSeagirl

phibbmom
on 12/10/14 11:06 pm

Have a good time babysitting and hanging out with Mr. Ikea tonight!  I am still putting off making the cookies I need to make. I have always loved to bake (in the past) and now I am concerned.  I am thinking I might do it all in one day and then have my daughter take them into school the next day so I don't have the temptation for very long. 

Time since surgery:  2 months

B:  L&F Caramel Apple Pie Greek Yogurt

L:  Chicken salad on 1/2 sandwich round, apple sauce

D:  Asian BBQ Chicken, broocoli

S:  No sugar added hot chocolate with protein powder

V/W: on my way

E:  Treadmill (try to repeat yesterday's routine)

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Gypsyqueen5
on 12/11/14 1:09 pm - Seattle, WA

HI what kind of protein powder do u put in your cocoa? 

SeattleSeagirl

phibbmom
on 12/11/14 10:03 pm

I use Jay Robb vanilla.  I saw someone else post that they mix the protein powder first with cold water and then add the cocoa mix and ho****er and mix thoroughly.  It works much better than trying to mix it all together with the ho****er.  I always found it to be clumpy.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views