Surgery is one week from tomorrow!!!

countrybella
on 12/11/14 1:47 am - Ashton, Canada

Well, for those of you who have followed some of my recent posts, I am surviving. The pre-op Optifast and liquid diet has been a huge challenge for me. I am on day 12 of 20 - yes, that's right 20!! I have found that most people only have to do a week or two at the most, some even as little as a day or two. The first 6 days felt like torture, I have to admit, I did cheat. I had some pizza the 2nd day, and tomato soup/pickles/cheese and chips the 4th days! Since then, my only cheat has been pickles - two or three a day. The last 3 days, I have had nothing but my shakes, a no sugar added fudgesicle, some SF jello and broth one day!! VERY HARD! At least now the end is in sight.

I am getting nervous for my surgery, but excited all at the same time. My surgery is December 19, 2014. I am so sad that I cannot have Christmas meals, however, on our program, we are supposed to be allowed to start pureed foods at a week - Christmas day will be 6 days and I know I am likely only having high hopes and dreaming, but even a couple spoonfuls of potatoes would be nice.

I will keep you posted on my journey! To be honest, I wasn't sure that I would even get through the pre-op diet, especially since it is so long, and so strict (others are sometimes allowed some meat, veggies, etc.)..... I got off to a rough start, but I have totally pulled it together!!

Chilipepper
on 12/11/14 2:29 am

Mine is 1 week from today. This is my 3rd one though.  Be excited!!  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

karenp8
on 12/11/14 2:48 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! You might not get to enjoy much food at Christmas this year,but imagine how different you will look next year!! Just enjoy the time with friends and family and know that better times are coming. Hang in there!

countrybella
on 12/11/14 3:12 am - Ashton, Canada

Thanks guys!! :-) This sure has been an experience. I expect there to be up's and downs, but am looking very forward to what is to come.

This blog has been a LIFE SAVER. I usually wouldn't post things like what I have above, however, reading peoples posts have been so helpful, inspiring, and have made me feel normal! Especially when I think I am crazy, or a monster, or that something I am doing is abnormal! These posts are so reassuring.

Thank you!

DannyBoyDVG
on 12/11/14 10:48 am - AR
On December 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM Pacific Time, countrybella wrote:

Well, for those of you who have followed some of my recent posts, I am surviving. The pre-op Optifast and liquid diet has been a huge challenge for me. I am on day 12 of 20 - yes, that's right 20!! I have found that most people only have to do a week or two at the most, some even as little as a day or two. The first 6 days felt like torture, I have to admit, I did cheat. I had some pizza the 2nd day, and tomato soup/pickles/cheese and chips the 4th days! Since then, my only cheat has been pickles - two or three a day. The last 3 days, I have had nothing but my shakes, a no sugar added fudgesicle, some SF jello and broth one day!! VERY HARD! At least now the end is in sight.

I am getting nervous for my surgery, but excited all at the same time. My surgery is December 19, 2014. I am so sad that I cannot have Christmas meals, however, on our program, we are supposed to be allowed to start pureed foods at a week - Christmas day will be 6 days and I know I am likely only having high hopes and dreaming, but even a couple spoonfuls of potatoes would be nice.

I will keep you posted on my journey! To be honest, I wasn't sure that I would even get through the pre-op diet, especially since it is so long, and so strict (others are sometimes allowed some meat, veggies, etc.)..... I got off to a rough start, but I have totally pulled it together!!

I SOOO feel you on the pre-op diet! My Surgeon required me to be on pure liquids for 3 weeks BEFORE and 6 weeks after! I couldn't believe I had to do it so long after because of seeing all the posts on here about people getting pureed foods around 1-2 weeks and soft solids around week 3 and 4 and here I am sipping protein and water for 6 >.>. Was the hardest thing I have ever gone through but SO worth it!! Hang in there you got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics